2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

Aint Arison’s businesses sketchy as ****. Not paying fair wages or something like that

Man Pau is such a damn good guy
Sad thing is, stuff like this is praised because it so seldom seen/done. Pau being there is something real folks should do when their friends pass, you take up the helm and be there for the family.

Can't this also just be looked at as teams wanting to see if they can get him? Not the Wizards wanting to give him up?
My line of thinking is when a local reporter writes something like this, it's from the team to create a market/drive interest.

Jesus ford and hollinger talking trades, floated both warriors Picks Wiggins and looney for holiday and reddick. That’s a good return for the pels

Maybe the Warriors can somehow sign baynes?

Crazy how good a shooter he is despite having that wonky finger on his shooting hand. What happened there?

Electric saw. No pics, just the article

Davis Bertans is missing about half an inch of the ring finger on his right hand because of an accident he had 11 years ago. But he says it has no bearing on his game.

When he was 13, Bertans was helping his father cut wood in his hometown of Valmiera, Latvia, to give to his grandfather to heat his apartment.

Bertans pushed the wood on a table toward an electric saw, while his brother collected the smaller pieces. His brother had the easier job, so Bertans convinced him to switch.

After Bertans took over for his brother, it started to rain and he began to rush. His glove got stuck under the saw as he tried to pick up a piece of wood, severing his right ring finger a half-inch above his knuckle.

“I was in shock right way, but I didn’t feel pain, nothing,” Bertans said. “I just showed it to my dad, and we went straight to the hospital.”

Bertans said he doesn’t remember seeing a lot of blood. In fact, he doesn’t remember seeing much of anything at all.

His father had to rush him to a hospital in another town about 30-40 miles away so he could see an experienced surgeon. Valmiera has only about 3,000 people.

“To me that time just passed like this,” Bertans said, as he snapped his fingers. “It seemed like five to 10 minutes to me.”

Injuries will be something to watch for sure...not even mad at load management for the playoff teams especially Miami and LAL

Back
Top Bottom