2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

Would be fun seeing who plays off ball if Harden goes there. We know Myrie kinda will but also won’t. Harden definitely won’t

Problem with other teams besting the BKN deal is that,

Harden is clearly pushing for BKN. He wants to be there. Teams aren't willingly giving up the farm for a player who doesn't want to be there.

there has to be a better deal than that Nets deal

Harden is clearly pushing for BKN. He wants to be there. Teams aren't willingly giving up the farm for a player who doesn't want to be there.

he has no say in the matter though, he's signed for 3 more years

Beard era in Houston going out on such a sad whimper :smh:

Why ship him in conference?
You're blowing it up. Trading the guy who basically gets you 50 wins just by himself. Should just want the best return.

Getting 4 guys that make up the worst playoff team in the East and nobody with any kind of all-star potential just seems stupid.

Didn’t Jim say his preferred teams are Brooklyn, Philly, Miami? With the latter two who can offer better packages without giving up the farm

Players tend to get what they want, but Harden has three years left.

No stopping a team from pulling a Kawhi or Paul George trade from underneath him.

Sure he may want to go there most, but it's not like it's Cleveland or Detroit that would be potentially trading for him. It's big markets with other pieces that basically guarantee you to be a good team. And he's on a 2+1 anyways.

that clippers dude going back on it lol

Em5iymgW8AE9aM1

I hate to do it, but the Clipper fans here seem to vouch for this guy.

I don't get this trade at all. Harden still under contract for the next couple of years so it's not like he has leverage when it comes to forcing a trade. Fertitta is a broke boy and Harden is there workhorse, he keeps them relevant and keeps them in the playoffs. Also, OKC has their first round pick for years into the future, I don't see the rockets going into full tank mode anytime soon.

For the nets, it would be a weird fit. I'm assuming any Harden trade would include Dinwiddie and Levert (on top of a ton of picks). The nets would be a very thin team relying on injury prone players in KD and Kyrie. From a basketball perspective, you have three guys who need the ball in their hands to be effective. What exactly would Harden be doing when Kyrie is doing his thing and vice versa? Not to mention that team would get cooked on defense.

I guess the idea is to get a team with two top 10 players and a top 20 player and then figure everything else out later.

Back
Top Bottom