2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

Still wondering what the Clips are up to, was looking for them and Milwaukee to be active before trade season began

Still wondering what the Clips are up to, was looking for them and Milwaukee to be active before trade season began

Clippers just don’t have a lot of assets to make deals with. Some kind of sign-and-trade involving Montrezl is probably the only way they can get something fairly big done via trade.

Clippers and Celtics fans

giphy.gif

Clippers blew their load last year and have nothing to show for it. They’re not doing anything this off-season except watching.
1605626105544.gif

Giannis has no excuse not to win a title this season. Barring injury, the Bucks have more than enough talent to win. If they don't, it'll be on Giannis. He can't fall back on the "I didn't have enough help, the organization needs to do more" stuff. Comparing this Bucks roster is far better than any of teams during Lebron's first stint in Cleveland.

Rockets should just take what they can get from Sixers

Ben plus a couple firsts
Houston is thinking of more than just W’s and L’s. Harden is brining in more money via jersey and T shirt sales than almost anyone else in the league. A bad year with him still on the team is a better investment than trading

Clippers blew their load last year and have nothing to show for it. They’re not doing anything this off-season except watching.

If I were the Clippers, I'd be looking to unload Paul George, the only issues is that he's a free agent after next season. The Clippers running it back are a 2nd round team at best.

I also think basketball media/fans have a strange obsession with picks.
Just because you got hella 1st round picks does not mean you pulled a heist of a trade.

Most of those picks will be non-lottery, 20-30 range.
Remember how everyone would talk about how amazing Boston was for having all those picks? The only ones that mattered were the lottery picks.

Of course picks allow you to be flexible and give you more swings for trying to find the next draft steals but I just feel like pick swaps and protected picks 5 years down the line that will most likely land in the 20-30 range are overrated.

Houston is thinking of more than just W’s and L’s. Harden is brining in more money via jersey and T shirt sales than almost anyone else in the league. A bad year with him still on the team is a better investment than trading

what ?

houston rockets organization would actually make more money by trading harden for a guy like simmons = more new jersey sales

I also think basketball media/fans have a strange obsession with picks.
Just because you got hella 1st round picks does not mean you pulled a heist of a trade.

Most of those picks will be non-lottery, 20-30 range.
Remember how everyone would talk about how amazing Boston was for having all those picks? The only ones that mattered were the lottery picks.

Of course picks allow you to be flexible and give you more swings for trying to find the next draft steals but I just feel like pick swaps and protected picks 5 years down the line that will most likely land in the 20-30 range are overrated.

a bunch of picks and you don’t hit on them means nothing. I agree you need to increase your odds but if you miss what was it worth. That’s why I asked who was the last person OKC drafted worth anything?

Some of y’all gotta relax :lol:

Maybe all the Clippers need is a bit more experience with each other

And for PG to stop acting like a *****

PG aint getting traded lol they finally got rid of their incompetent coach and now they just gotta get rid of trezz and pick up a real big

what ?

houston rockets organization would actually make more money by trading harden for a guy like simmons = more new jersey sales
hmmm ... stand corrected, kinda, neither are in that list and harden was up higher the year before. Either way, harden is a bigger than than Ben. Th he don’t need to get rid of him either no matter how loud he cries

a bunch of picks and you don’t hit on them means nothing. I agree you need to increase your odds but if you miss what was it worth. That’s why I asked who was the last person OKC drafted worth anything?

define worth anything

sabonis, adams and Reggie Jackson would be the best of last decade

trading those draft picks mean nothing to me if Giannis signs the max - which sounds like he's gonna do. Historically, picks 27-30 have had a negative value for contending teams. They are forced to pay a guaranteed salary for 3 seasons for pool of players with less than a 20% chance of breaking into a rotation of a good team. Picks 35-40 have represented greater value in the past for contending teams (see GS).

Back
Top Bottom