2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

3 1st rounders gonna hurt when they dont make it to the finals again and Giannis dips.

The bucks made these moves to improve the roster and surround Giannis with more talent, with the hope that he stays. They upgraded at the PG position with Jrue who is a more reliable shooter than Bledsoe and Bogdanovic is great shooter in his own right.

They're winning 55+ games as long as the roster is healthy. Getting rid of those glorified 2nd rounders is nothing in the long run.

Jrue can be a free agent next summer. That's a scary proposition; He leaves or you have to re-sign him into his 30s.

But I get it.

Jrue can be a free agent next summer. That's a scary proposition; He leaves or you have to re-sign him into his 30s.

But I get it.
It’s definitely a risk but assuming Giannis re-signs and Jrue opts out of his 27 million PO then the Bucks will have a max slot. 2021 FA class is weak but they’ll have flexibility

Maybe the fact that those picks are unprotected will tug on Giannis’ heartstrings. He will know that if he leaves Milwaukee, they’ll be a bottom 5 team with no draft picks. Meanwhile they’re doing all this to appease him. He gonna stay

That's their team and they only have the MLE. They gotta get creative with the roster spots.

Jrue
Middleton
Bogdan
Giannis
Brook

Thanasis
Justin James

That's their team and they only have the MLE. They gotta get creative with the roster spots.

Jrue
Middleton
Bogdan
Giannis
Brook

Thanasis
Justin James

MLE and minimums is all they got unless they plan on trading Brook/Middleton for depth pieces.

If bucks know giannis is resigning, that’s a huge win

it‘s only an L(s) if dude walks

They probably should have kept Brogdon agreed but turning Eric Bledsoe George Hill Donte DiVicenzo Ersan Ilyasova and DJ Wilson into Jrue and Bogdan is a huge upgrade

their defense alone will be historic

will be interesting how they fill out the rest of their roster
They def got better

Bledsoe suck

holiday and bogdon are upgrades
What I’m trying to say is, Bucks had the best record in the league the last 2 years. Yes the starting line up of Giannis, Middleton, Jrue, and Bogdanovic is better. But based on the overall roster and depth I don’t see them improving their season record or this putting them over the hump and a lock for the finals.

Bucks v Heat v Celtics v Nets will be interesting next year.

Last edited:
Moves make sense is Yawnist decides to be a 5 and Lopez is moved. You got 3 capable ball handlers now in Jrue, Middleton and Bogdan whos all gonna start. Yawnist need to get down low and get these easy buckets

What’s I’m trying to say is, Bucks had the best record in the league the last 2 years. Yes the starting line up of Giannis, Middleton, Jrue, and Bogdanovic is better. But based on the overall roster and depth I don’t see them improving their season record or this putting them over the hump and a lock for the finals.

Bucks v Heat v Celtics v Nets will be interesting next year.
They not gonna improve with Bud at the helm lol capped out as a ECF team especially if he sticks to his ******** rotations during the playoffs |l

Robin Lopez opted out of $5M to not get traded to New Orleans or Sacramento yesterday. He probably won't see that money again. :lol:

Moves make sense is Yawnist decides to be a 5 and Lopez is moved. You got 3 capable ball handlers now in Jrue, Middleton and Bogdan whos all gonna start. Yawnist need to get down low and get these easy buckets
Why do you want to move Lopez?
His size/interior defense/rebounding is needed on defense and on offense he's a stretch 5, we know Giannis doesnt need to be out there.

Why do you want to move Lopez?
His size/interior defense/rebounding is needed on defense and on offense he's a stretch 5, we know Giannis doesnt need to be out there.
Move Lopez. Go younger and get Christian Wood. We all know Lopez is the real DPOY for the Bucks but if Yawnist wanna prove he deserved it he better get to work without him

Who are likely vet mins for the upcoming season?

Jeremy Lin
Michael Beasley
Demarcus Cousins
Kenneth Faried
Lance Stephenson
Jimmer Fredette
JR Smith
Reggie Jackson
Dion Waiters
Jeff Green
Demarre Carroll
Nick Young