2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

Whiteside gives 50% 99% of the time. Would you want him?
For the right price, of course I'd take my chance on a proven walking double double who blocks 3 shots a game on 50% effort. It's a no brainer, especially if your squad has ZERO shot altering abilities in the paint.

They had a similar concern with Andrew Bynum's effort levels but you surround a player like that with the right coach, system, and teammates and get a better shot at competing for a chip.

Without Bynum'a size and length and shot blocking inside, Lakers don't go back to back in '09 and '10.

That said, all I'm giving Whiteside is the minimum, on a 1 year prove it deal to help BOS try and compete with the big boys

Last edited:
Mans went into the offseason of potentially getting CP3 and/or Westbrook. Ends up getting Austin Rivers. You cannot make this stuff up.

Led the league in swats before Nurkic got back also.

I think his Miami days are still fresh in folks memory though

Nah he's still a bone head. Those block numbers are deceiving, he leaves defensive assignments to chase blocks constantly and has severe tunnel vision on offense. Stotts was trying to play him as little as possible until they got forced into it due to injuries. For every good games he gives you he will give you 5-10 bad ones, he's just a net negative player when on the court most the time.

Interesting, poor man’s version of the type of guy I wanted us to get but alright, I don’t care about the assets we gave up :lol:

https://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0614/ny_a_rivers_ac_300.jpg

"i'm comin' home..."

I may be irrationally high on him, but Omari can play.

He has attitude/eating issues though :lol:

Allegedly was pissed at the Wolves they sent him to the G-league after getting traded there. Not sure who he thinks he is. He can play though.

I wasn't a fan of their draft, or who they've signed, but at least the Knicks didn't sign any crippling long-term contracts and are accumulating assets.

Baby steps.

I may be irrationally high on him, but Omari can play.

He has attitude/eating issues though :lol:

Allegedly was pissed at the Wolves they sent him to the G-league after getting traded there. Not sure who he thinks he is. He can play though.
spellman surprised me when he was playing with the dubs
has a decent outside stroke. will be able to stretch out defenses with his range

Spellman did nothing with us, I was excited when we got him.

Knicks let Halliburton go right by them, and they wanted to sign FVV and whoever in FA? :lol:

Hopefully that Doctor Rivers' son brings conservatism and toughness back to New York.

Back
Top Bottom