2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

Who the hell is Pelinka? You mean Paul?
Meme Creator - Funny Don't do that Skip Meme Generator at MemeCreator.org!

Yeah, a lot of the radio talking heads are trying to make something out of the Celtics losing Horford, Kyrie and Hayward over the last few years, but I think each player’s circumstances were different enough that them leaving isn’t an indictment on the organization.

Kyrie’s stint in Boston was a just a fail all around; both sides couldn’t wait for it to be over.

Horford left for a huge bag that the Celtics (rightfully) weren’t going to give him.

And Hayward just became the odd man out because of the injury, etc.

Last edited:
They'd be next on the list. I'm not a believer in Doc though. Green is only going to get worse. Picking up Dwert and Seth (mainly) was great. If they trade for Harden though...

Yup, agreed (other than the Harden part). But the most interesting part here is that although we know what we are getting with these new additions, the biggest unknowns is how it will affect our two flawed superstars.

Will Ben finally level up offensively? Will Joel dominate the paint on a nightly basis? We shall see.

What would the East look like now?

Nets
Bucks
Miami
Boston
Philly
Indiana

Those 6 are locks barring injury. The next are:

Orlando
Charlotte
Atlanta
Washington (?)
Chicago

Yup, agreed (other than the Harden part). But the most interesting part here is that although we know what we are getting with these new additions, the biggest unknowns is how it will affect our two flawed superstars.

Will Ben finally level up offensively? Will Joel dominate the paint on a nightly basis? We shall see.

Exactly, the supplemental pieces are cool but this honestly comes down to Ben Simmons. If he's never going to expand offensively don't think the Sixers will breakthrough that proverbial glass ceiling.

Hayward does nothing for the Celtics. Tatum x Brown x Kemba plus some solid pieces around them gonna make them contend for the East year in and year out

and this coming from a Sixers fan

Not what the Celtics fans were saying last year.

Yeah, a lot of the radio talking heads are trying to make something out of the Celtics losing Horford, Kyrie and Hayward over the last few years, but I think each player’s circumstances were different enough that them leaving is clear indictment on the organization.

Kyrie’s stint in Boston was a just a fail all around; both sides couldn’t wait for it to be over.

Horford left for a huge bag that the Celtics (rightfully) weren’t going to give him.

What would the East look like now?

Nets
Bucks
Miami
Boston
Philly
Indiana

As constructed I would say

Bucks
Miami
Philly
Celtics
Nets
Pacers
Raptors
Hawks

I think the Nets are a little bit of wild card though. They could go either way. Hinges on KD's physical health and Kyrie's "aura."

Last edited:
Bledsoe should be available but not sure what they can trade him for. Rozier needs to be in the trading block as well, it makes no sense for him to be there with Graham and Melo playing point.

I’m not too high on either Bledsoe or Rozier.
Looking like the PatBev era will continue.

Hayward does nothing for the Celtics. Tatum x Brown x Kemba plus some solid pieces around them gonna make them contend for the East year in and year out

and this coming from a Sixers fan

Does nothing is probably harsh. He was great for depth, but his position or role on the team became too unpredictable because he couldn't stay on the floor. Nothing anyone could do about that. His role at any given time was fleeting to say the least.

Ranks your best off-season moves so far:
1. Lakers
2. Blazers
3. Suns
4. Hawks (they may shoot to number 2 if they get Bogdan)
5. Mavs

1. Knicks
2. Pels
3. Nuggets
4. Clippers
5. Suns
6. Bulls
7. Mavs
8. Blazers

Yeah, a lot of the radio talking heads are trying to make something out of the Celtics losing Horford, Kyrie and Hayward over the last few years, but I think each player’s circumstances were different enough that them leaving is clear indictment on the organization.

Speaking of the organization, and how they dealt with other bull****, this was a headache from a fan's standpoint.

Can't have your pops grab you by the balls and control your destiny :rofl: :rofl:

Does nothing is probably harsh. He was great for depth, but his position or role on the team became too unpredictable because he couldn't stay on the floor. Nothing anyone could do about that. His role at any given time was fleeting to say the least.

Gordon was playing really well til that Spurs game when he injured his hand. Mentally? I commend him for doing as much as he can after that freak injury in 2017.

The disrespect to Nick Nurse and the Raps on this page is appalling man :lol:

Straight erasure :smh:

Sure they lost Serge and Gasol but kept FVV and added solid bigs along with still having the other glue guys from the title run. That's still 150% a playoff team right now and I doubt they're done making moves

Hayward played one healthy playoff game in 3 years for the Celtics and they made the conference finals twice in that span. Losing him obviously hurts the team’s ceiling, which sucks, but it’s not like they don’t know how to play without him. They also heped address the biggest weakness they had in the ECF with the addition of TT.

Hayward was never going to get $120M to be the team’s 4th/5th option who also doesn’t fit the timeline of Tatum/Brown. If we get nothing in return for him that will suck, but it looks as though there’s a strong chance Boston will end up getting a $30M TPE to use within the next year.

Speaking of the organization, and how they dealt with other bull****, this was a headache from a fan's standpoint.

AD Sr. was more offended than the guy he's talking about. Just say your son wants to go play with Bron.

IT been wanting to come back for the past two years :lol:

"For sure, if the opportunity presented itself. I hold no grudges, and they know that," Thomas told Alex Kennedy of HoopsHype. "I have genuine love for the city of Boston. If that were to happen, I'd love to be part of what they have going on. You never know."

Hayward played one healthy playoff game in 3 years for the Celtics and they made the conference finals twice in that span. Losing him obviously hurts the team’s ceiling, which sucks, but it’s not like they don’t know how to play without him. They also heped address the biggest weakness they had in the ECF with the addition of TT.

Hayward was never going to get $120M to be the team’s 4th/5th option who also doesn’t fit the timeline of Tatum/Brown. If we get nothing in return for him that will suck, but it looks as though there’s a strong chance Boston will end up getting a $30M TPE to use within the next year.

That TPE looking delicious but I hope its pushes through :lol:

The disrespect to Nick Nurse and the Raps on this page is appalling man :lol:

Straight erasure :smh:

Sure they lost Serge and Gasol but kept FVV and added solid bigs along with still having the other glue guys from the title run. That's still 150% a playoff team right now and I doubt they're done making moves

I completely forgot about them TBH. I''ll guess they'll be somewhere in the 5-7 seed range.

Back
Top Bottom