2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

The other side of the anti-Bud approach. Spo only ran 7 dudes, Jimmy 47 mins, & Miami looked like they needed another day off :lol:

Similar to how the Raps got smoked in G5 against the C’s.

Depth still important in the playoffs for that reason.

Spo should’ve tried harder to get Kelly some mins in that one.
Spo goofed with how he handled Olynyk and Nunn...Kelly was solid when he had to fill in for Bam n Nunn ain’t even get any mins the 1st couple games...He was willing to die by the short rotation

Spo goofed with how he handled Olynyk and Nunn...Kelly was solid when he had to fill in for Bam n Nunn ain’t even get any mins the 1st couple games...He was willing to die by the short rotation

What are you talking about? Kendrick Nunn got hella minutes almost to a detriment until he started knocking down big shots in Game 5

Olynyk has his moments but no, Spoelstra didn't mess up. Every player has their weaknesses and Kelly's would have been exploited the more he played.

I dunno I think Spolstra def should have went to Olynyk.

you have zero shot of winning if you're gunna let AD swallow up every Jimmy Butler pick and roll.

at least with Olynyk, maybe you can't stop the Lakers but there's a chance you can get hot from 3.

hmmmm...
3FA74B4A-E69B-48FA-8CAB-DDB984629586.jpeg

you have zero shot of winning if you're gunna let AD swallow up every Jimmy Butler pick and roll.

at least with Olynyk, maybe you can't stop the Lakers but there's a chance you can get hot from 3.
💯

And it’s why Giannis there feels like a square peg in a round hole, too.

They’ve got guys that can shoot around Jimmy and Bam already and it still feels like the offense gets suffocated for long stretches.

Which game did you think Olynyk was going to affect that he didn't get minutes in?

I'm on the record for not understanding why he didn't get minutes in Game 6 when Bam was looking scared. But they won Game 5. And I'll entertain an argument for him getting more minutes in Game 4.

And Game 4 came down to Duncan Robinson getting abused by KCP down the stretch

That was also the game where the Heat started to make a run in the 4th and the very same Kelly Olynyk had that bozo close out on the Morris twin bailing him out giving the Show 3 free throws

Which game did you think Olynyk was going to affect that he didn't get minutes in?

I'm on the record for not understanding why he didn't get minutes in Game 6 when Bam was looking scared. But they won Game 5. And I'll entertain an argument for him getting more minutes in Game 4.

And Game 4 came down to Duncan Robinson getting abused by KCP down the stretch

That was also the game where the Heat started to make a run in the 4th and the very same Kelly Olynyk had that bozo close out on the Morris twin bailing him out giving the Show 3 free throws

im just talking game 6.

look every strategy was gunn be a low win probability, im just I would have went with more offense. creates more varience. better chance of upset.

Hilarious how both factions of the Clippers players are leaking their opinions left and right against each other. :lol:

Some house cleaning seems to be in order and is apparently on the agendas according to a radio interview I heard this morning with Clippers beat writer Jovan Buha. Management is definitely not looking to just run it back with a different coaching staff.

Edit - from what I’m reading, Lou and Trez are more contesting reports that they “bristled” at Kawhi’s special treatment than they are taking shots at anyone.

Last edited:
but respect to Morey, I could totally see an analytics guy, who was on the cutting edge becoming self obsessed and thinking he was more important than the players

but Morey always seemed to down to earth and always credited the players first.

Olynyk has his moments but no, Spoelstra didn't mess up. Every player has their weaknesses and Kelly's would have been exploited the more he played.
But it wasn't exploited yet. So why don't you run with what works until it stops working. Put the pressure on the Lakers to figure the adjustment. Don't make it for them. Instead of saying I don't want to drive because I don't want to get into an accident.

Bro...in response to that statement...aren't you 31...one of the coldest diss tracks I've ever heard.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom