2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

B42CFA30-10B2-41A1-8EA7-E4EE10B42C15.gif

Fam.... I saw this earlier and as a WNBA fan... This is not it. The NBA makes an obscene amount of multiples more than what the WNBA generates. How can Sue Bird be paid if there is no money to pay her. This is not the way to make the argument. The NBA makes BILLIONS of dollars, last I checked the WNBA doesn't make $100MM.

They are moving the line backward with stuff like this.

Like this is simple economics as big of a shame as it is.

I’m all for the ladies getting paid more, but always confuses me how alotta ppl fighting that fight don’t seem to understand why WNBA salaries are what they are

The league has seen growth in many areas since the current CBA went into effect in 2014. Television ratings this season were the league’s best in four years. The WNBA started livestreaming games on Twitter and partnered with one-day daily fantasy sites. Players appeared in a video game for the first time.

That hasn’t translated into the league and its owners making money. According to the WNBA, it’s lost a significant amount over the last 22 years, including $12 million last season.

On average [we’ve lost] over $10 million every year we’ve operated,’ NBA commissioner Adam Silver told the AP in a phone interview this week.”

I know there's a pay gap between men & women, but the WNBA is the last place that should be standing on this.

The funny thing is in making that comparison Bron might be the one underpaid the most...He’s the biggest star and if that’s his salary, just imagine the bread the league makes off him
Sue bird makes 215k. Based on the numbers in the article I posted that is 0.79% of the leagues revenue. Bron makes 0.47%. I am sure updated figures arent really moving this THAT much. They are paid in similar respects to what the league brings in.

Back
Top Bottom