2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

20201208_101041.jpg

Cannot wait to see this frontcourt this season :pimp: :pimp:

Ehhh, I think you're just reading too much into it. "Greatest team ever put on the floor", "greatest team ever assembled" etc. He's not trying to diminish them.

He knows exactly what he’s doing :lol:. it’s okay to acknowledge this lol. You can still be a fan. Ya guy just he talking.

The 2017 Warriors, are probably the greatest team ever “assembled”. He knows this.

Wild how people can have such different perceptions of the same events. Because what I remember from the summer of 2019 is people saying the Lakers did a good job of filling out the roster after Kawhi chose to go elsewhere and that they definitely were one of the contenders for the championship.

The questions about the Lakers didn’t really involve whether they had enough talent to win, but more related to LeBron’s age (coming off a down enough year that some Lakers fans wanted him traded) and AD’s durability.

But I guess to some people that made them underdogs that were never supposed to be there.

Wild how people can have such different perceptions of the same events. Because what I remember from the summer of 2019 is people saying the Lakers did a good job of filling out the roster after Kawhi chose to go elsewhere and that they definitely were one of the contenders for the championship.

The questions about the Lakers didn’t really involve whether they had enough talent to win, but more related to LeBron’s age (coming off a down enough year that some Lakers fans wanted him traded) and AD’s durability.

But I guess to some people that made them underdogs that were never supposed to be there.

I agree with this take. Keep in mind though, it was Lakers fans saying you did a good job feeling the roster around LeBron and AD. ALA and everyone else was clowning our roster 3 through 15. The Lakers were certainly viewed as being in that championship group, although the Clippers were prohibitive favorites.

LOL @ This idea that the Lakers the roster was stacked last season. That is pure revisionist history

What people were those beside Laker fans?

"Lakers have Danny Green 15 mil?" 🤣
"Avery Bradley is washed" 🤣
"Dwight Howard (hell even some Lakers fans were skeptical of this"

So on and so forth nearly every pundit and analyst and NTer clowned the Lakers supporting cast. Bron and AD were acknowledged to be the best duo in the league almost universally. They questioned Rob's competence, Vogel as a coach, their ability to play defense, had them not being a top 4 team in several places and on and on. And it didn't stop in the off-season, same skepticism continued all the way through the Finals.

It's all in 4K. Last summer was almost exclusively about everybody slurping that team in the basement in Staples.

what does that have to do with this year? :lol:. The guy is a front runner, and it’s cool. I don’t mind him popping his ****. It’s just hilarious to me.

This is him in 2010, 2013, 2016. It’s OK to point it out man. Lmao.

He talked last year too, remember the lil back and forth between him and Doc Rivers?

Y'all listening to too much Skip Bayless. Somebody been saying all year they can't wait to beat you and then that time comes and they fold like a beach chair you supposed to be nice to them? :lol: Or else you a front runner?

If that's the case I hope you calling Steph a front runner too cuz his moods are the complete opposite when his teams ain't stacked compared to the competition.

What people were those beside Laker fans?

"Lakers have Danny Green 15 mil?" 🤣
"Avery Bradley is washed" 🤣
"Dwight Howard (hell even some Lakers fans were skeptical of this"

So on and so forth nearly every pundit and analyst and NTer clowned the Lakers supporting cast. Bron and AD were acknowledged to be the best duo in the league almost universally. They questioned Rob's competence, Vogel as a coach, their ability to play defense, had them not being a top 4 team in several places and on and on. And it didn't stop in the off-season, same skepticism continued all the way through the Finals.

It's all in 4K. Last summer was almost exclusively about everybody slurping that team in the basement in Staples.

“trade Lebron”

This was always the wild card for me. Health and mileage, especially with Bron coming off a rare for him somewhat serious injury. Was wondering if father time was actually kicking in for real. If it wasn't and him and AD were healthy, I pretty much had it as a two team race in the west between the LA teams.

Why is it that y'all are still being obtuse about folks picking against the Lakers? The #1 seed made it to the Finals and won the championship. Yet somehow because everyone rooted against that outcome that means the Lakers weren't the clear favorites in every series.

Nope. Let's not play dumb. It was some of the basketball scientist in here tryna come up logical reasons why the Lakers won't win. Especially against the Rockets. Dudes kinda gave up after they smacked them up. If they had just kept a buck said the Lakers are the best team but I'm still rooting against them, no problem.

Pre season games start Friday and #yall want to talk about a championship won in the longest year in humanity

Poor

We know why you don't wanna talk about it :lol:

If it was one of your 8 teams you still be ":pimp:"

Back
Top Bottom