2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

Every time I see “Covid Cup*” & “BLM Invitational”

8C53CC2F-F513-43CC-BD66-CDA9C6BFC5B7.jpeg

If Joker didn't get shut down by Dwert and Murray run out of Michael's Secret stuff would you have kept the same energy?

Nope. Let's not play dumb. It was some of the basketball scientist in here tryna come up logical reasons why the Lakers won't win. Especially against the Rockets. Dudes kinda gave up after they smacked them up. If they had just kept a buck said the Lakers are the best team but I'm still rooting against them, no problem.

Why even care? It's an online sneaker forum. Put them on ignore. :lol:

I agree with this take. Keep in mind though, it was Lakers fans saying you did a good job feeling the roster around LeBron and AD. ALA and everyone else was clowning our roster 3 through 15. The Lakers were certainly viewed as being in that championship group, although the Clippers were prohibitive favorites.

LOL @ This idea that the Lakers the roster was stacked last season. That is pure revisionist history

The basketball media I consume most regularly is NBA Radio and local LA radio. Most of the hosts/analysts on NBA radio - guys like Tim Legler, Sam Mitchell, Antonio Daniels, etc. said good things about the Lakers that offseason. They had the two LA teams and the Bucks as the favorites.

And the local LA media was overall probably more favorable about the Lakers chances than the Clippers.

I do agree that nobody was describing the Lakers roster as “stacked”

Last edited:
If Joker didn't get shut down by Dwert and Murray run out of Michael's Secret stuff would you have kept the same energy?

yup. Should’ve listened to Kyrie, and cancelled that goofy invitational. Entertaining tho. Seeing my boys go up in that bubble was fun to watch.

Type of dudes that got nothing else to celebrate in life wanna pound their chests for months and months about how they were a title they had nothing to do with. :lol: :lol:

Especially when they was the loudest ones *****ing in Year 1 about how Bron was washed and had to go. And they was some of the loudest ones screaming bubble basketball wasn't real ball.

Buncha Dabo Swinneys with that WE WERENT EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE HERE EVERYONE DOUBTED US nonsense.

Type of dudes that got nothing else to celebrate in life wanna pound their chests for months and months about how they were a title they had nothing to do with. :lol: :lol:

This is the wildest part. Like... you can't put pro sports team achievements on your own resume. :lol:

You watch, enjoy it, celebrate if you win and keep it moving. You don't have to defend your teams honor like it's deceased kin.

Last edited:
Funny coming from a guy with 5+ teams and 10+ main men.

True Fans like myself have multiple teams and players that I'm passionate about but I hate the NBA and only really watch my Lakers, CLIPPERS, CELTS, 🚀, THUNDER, HEAT, NUGGETS, JAZZ, SPURS, MAVS, SPURS, HORNETS, KNICKS, NETS, RAPTORS, PACERS, KINGS, DUBZ, HAWKS, MAGIC, BUCKS AND PELS

Y'all mfers get real humble when all that talking backfires. Now dudes don't wanna celebrate, trash talk, nothing. Just wanna have a nice peaceful NBA thread now.

:lol:

This thread been real entertaining since the day that AD trade went through.

It's wild. Every fanbase does it. To the victors go the spoils, there's no right or wrong way to pop off on a damn online forum. If it was ANY of their squads (trash *** Cowboys, sorry *** Celtics, never done nothing Nuggets, etc. they'd justifiably do the same. Especially if there was a contingent of the Loser's club specifically to reciprocate the energy in a negative fashion. Decorum on a message board, I've heard it all.

I say what I say at the time and stand by it. Don't give a damn. It ain't THAT serious. Just funny getting back at ALA after predicting what would happen almost to the letter after getting AD and even going back to before we got LBJ.

Last edited:
Nobody cares about the Raptors and they got like 2 fans on here and one of them didn't even believe in his own team.

And it hasn't even been 2 months since the finals ended. Usually get an entire summer to bask in the ambience so y'all got off easy.

Back
Top Bottom