2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

I mean sure, thats ok to say.

But thats part of being an owner who is showing he'll spend money. Spending money opens you to criticism.

here's a franchise who forced their racist owner out, sold to a guy who has deep pockets, who's committed to winning and keep the team in LA (so far), and building a state of the art basketball stadium for his franchise.

Criticize all you want but the Clippers had to make these moves. This was an easy decision to max PG, plain and simple.

I'm just glad some of the more vocal idiots in here (not looking at you) are now doing a 180 change on their feelings about PG. Just 2 years ago, so of these idiots were insisting he was a star.

What did people expect? Clippers were going to sign him for $25M per? $30M per? Once they traded for him, the super max was a done deal. Shoot, some in here were saying he might screw the Clippers and leave when the 2 years were up!

You can’t give the franchise credit for getting Sterling out man :lol:

Once again stop moving the needle for the clippers..were talking about their performance on the court..they're a championship or bust team..if they don't win atleast one ring ballmer is going to look a fool for betting the house on kawahii and pg

Who’s moving the needle? We’re responding to you calling Ballmer an idiot, which really doesn’t have to do with their performance on the court. If they don’t win a title, it’s a failure, but that doesn’t make Steve Ballmer “an idiot”. If that’s the case, every team owner that gave out a big contract who didn’t get a championship out of it is an idiot.

Man has had enough of all the haters, gonna be funny when it works out the way it always does when he makes these public proclamations :lol:

The irony that this clip, interview, and the announcement of his contract extension are all dropped on the same day had to be planned.

The irony that this clip, interview, and the announcement of his contract extension are all dropped on the same day had to be planned.

Pretty sure the All-the-Smoke interview was out already, before he signed the extension.

At the end of the day, the Clippers teams last season and this season have presented the best chance the franchise ever had a winning a title. They didn’t get it done in the weirdest season ever and likely won’t this year either. Even if that’s the case, I don’t think it makes sense to act like they made some catastrophic mistake by going all in on the Kawhi-PG duo considering the team’s history. But haters gonna hate, so whatever.

I said it last week but that season was a fluke. Its in theory what should have happened in LAC, he had someone to play off of and who didn't take up a lot of his operating space (I acknowledge that Westbrook took up zero of his spots), he didn't play anywhere close to that.

Guy just can't admit fault ever. Always an excuse and always puts his foot in his mouth.

Back
Top Bottom