2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

I just can't wait for the Nets to hit a little losing streak or something and they look disjointed as hell and I'm going to remember his quote "appreciate the Art"

Be who you are and I won't hate on Kyrie for that... But I will think he's a lame.

Those Basquiat jerseys got Kyrie in his artist bag.

He going to turn the Barclays into Studio 54 :pimp:

Eo-VApOVoAMJRRl

Kyrie comes from a good objective. He's just a weirdo
This is pretty much it for me... Everything he says feels artificial to me. It's probably because he has been a cornball with some bizarre hot takes at times.

But he's boots on the ground doing a ton of good work for a ton of communities, so let him breathe.

The whole media boycott thing ain't gonna last, though. Those fines aren't going to stop. They're gonna get bigger. At some point, he's gonna realize he can put his money to work where HE wants it put to work.

If Kyrie doesn't want to talk to the media and continue to be fined, it's his money so be it. Eventually though, everyone around him on the team will be asked the Kyrie question...then like it or not, this becomes a distraction (if it isn't already). For a guy that's often hurt as much as he is, I wonder if he's really worth all of this?

Kyrie DOES the right things he just SAYS a lot of stupid **** while doing them. It is in his best interests to not talk to the media. Only reason they're so mad is because they know they can count on him for a ridiculous soundbite.

no one cares that the nba literally put into their contracts that they have to talk to media. scumbag ****.

half the answers that athletes give to the media are some scripted nonsense anyways

"we have to play harder" "we have to make sure that we are more attentive on the defensive end"

I'd rather they didnt talk to media if we gonna get answers like this every night

Sports media has always been annoying to me. I don’t blame players for not rocking with them when reporters will intentionally take a quote out of context or only post a select part of it for a headline while leaving out everything that was said which would clarity the intent and entirety of the quote and ruin their clickbait story.

Yeah I get it, media obligations and answering reporters come with the territory, but unless you rock with specific reporters you’ll only do exclusive media interviews with, I don’t blame any player who goes the Russell Westbrook “we just gotta execute” route for every question or the Marshawn Lynch approach to fulfill their media obligations.

no one cares that the nba literally put into their contracts that they have to talk to media. scumbag ****.

I'd rather they didnt talk to media if we gonna get answers like this every night
I mean... Media rights are an unbelievably massive chunk (I think it's a majority share) of league revenue and how these guys get paid.

So scumbag **** or not, media rights are how you're making the money you're making.

Back
Top Bottom