2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

He better have some texts, screenshots or voice recordings to back up his claims or he’s getting nothing.
Strongly disagree

2.5 is peanuts to the clippers /west /ballmer

why take the risk?

we don’t want to read about Jerry’s legs being broken over a meaningless drop in the bucket

but more than likely, this stuff happens regularly. Agree?I know Jerry is old. But why would he want to destroy his rep? What happens when he is interested in a free agent and he wants to make a deal that includes off the record sweeteners. But his rep is trashed...

Wilkes will get his money, there’s no question about it. Throw him an untraceable offshore account and call it a day. Throw him some crypto. Make it go away

did yall know Marbury was still doing it? No boots, but shoes as low as $4.98 and he got electronics too. No lie I just dropped like $150 on his site off gp, they better have my **** here expeditiously though. Starbury electronics?! A usb cable, lightning or android, that doubles as a bracelet? A hologram basketball that looks normal irl but you look on video and it glows? This is next level stuff right here. https://www.starbury.com/sports-equipment/basketballs/

Why do people always want to get rid of the supermax and not get rid of the salary cap instead?

Salary cap was meant to give a fair chance to all markets and not only big markets and it's working as you see how deep the league is today.

However, I do think a good medium would be that the added max %s a deserving player can get should not affect the cap.

The supermax is great to keep players in, but it kills the flexibility of the small teams that are trying to compete while keeping the players that the supermax is supposed to incentivize to stay. It's an incomplete solution that looks at one part of the equation (money) and ignores the others (winning).

Example:
  • If the Cap is $100m
  • Lillard has a max of 25% and gets $25 mil/ year
  • The team now has $75 mill to spend on everyone else
  • Lillard wins an MVP and now is eligible for the supermax 35% and now gets $35 mil
  • That 10% bump should not affect the cap
  • The team should still have $75 to spend and still has the flexibility to be competitive
This way, the Supermax player is not penalizing the other players by taking away $ due to the bump in %

Everybody wins. Even the owners by reducing the tax of going over.

Strongly disagree

2.5 is peanuts to the clippers /west /ballmer

why take the risk?

we don’t want to read about Jerry’s legs being broken over a meaningless drop in the bucket

but more than likely, this stuff happens regularly. Agree?I know Jerry is old. But why would he want to destroy his rep? What happens when he is interested in a free agent and he wants to make a deal that includes off the record sweeteners. But his rep is trashed...

Wilkes will get his money, there’s no question about it. Throw him an untraceable offshore account and call it a day. Throw him some crypto. Make it go away

It’s much more likely Wilkes gets his rep destroyed by anyone affiliated with the Clippers. They have basically unlimited resources to fight the allegations and incentive to deny his claims completely. They’d rather pay lawyers $2.5 million to get the case dismissed than pay Wilkes. Really rich people don’t like to roll over on these kind of things, in my experience.

Getting rid of the cap would make the Clippers And Warriors roster crazy since their owners are all about winning.

The rockets on the other hand

Baseball has a lot of randomness and also young players who become superstars...
Basketball is way more predictable, if we had no salary cap, it’d be a nightmare

You are right. The impact of one player in basketball can be more than any other major sport (including soccer)

The reason for that is because basketball has less players and that player is expected to contribute on both sides of the court and is also not specialized to do one thing (like a pichter or a goalie).

did yall know Marbury was still doing it? No boots, but shoes as low as $4.98 and he got electronics too. No lie I just dropped like $150 on his site off gp, they better have my **** here expeditiously though. Starbury electronics?! A usb cable, lightning or android, that doubles as a bracelet? A hologram basketball that looks normal irl but you look on video and it glows? This is next level stuff right here. https://www.starbury.com/sports-equipment/basketballs/

Woah! If they had kids and toddler sizes, parents will be all over that!

You are right. The impact of one player in basketball can be more than any other major sport (including soccer)

The reason for that is because basketball has less players and that player is expected to contribute on both sides of the court and is also not specialized to do one thing (like a pichter or a goalie).
Mike trout agrees with you

baseball is also funny because a 21 yr old can come out of nowhere and hit .375 with 4 homers in a 6 game series. And the teams best player can hit .185 with 0-0-0

it’s just different

Small market baseball teams have to sell off their young stars before FA hits in 99% of situations so no salary cap still screws them over.

and then on the rare occasion they do resign they get traded when the contract becomes too much of a burden since they’re still not winning and the team still isn’t making money (Stanton to the Yankees)

Not paid for taking care of her grandchildren :lol:

DB1566D0-B200-4961-B481-FAC4B67D98D9.jpeg

The Dan Patrick radio show just had a good laugh at the “Golden Flow” name of the newly released Steve’s. Apparently makes them think of taking a leak. Can’t say I immediately made that connection when I saw the name, but I get it :lol:

Impeccable timing because this podcast talks about player payment structure towards the end of the podcast (57 min mark).

addict4sneakers addict4sneakers

PHX has used Stix solely as a wing in these preseason games. Don't like it. Why not just take an actual wing in Vassell if that's what they wanted to do?

addict4sneakers addict4sneakers

PHX has used Stix solely as a wing in these preseason games. Don't like it. Why not just take an actual wing in Vassell if that's what they wanted to do?
facts they got him out there looking like Anthony tolliver. Should have taken Kira and actually sticks would be perfect in NOP
Once Dario returns, maybe they'll make him the primary backup to Ayton.

Back
Top Bottom