2020 NFL Draft Thread

You can play around with scheme and such more in college

Rams and Chiefs are NFL systems with uptempo, perhaps college, influences, but your talking about guys that cut their teeth in the NFL, most notably and especially Reid.

Devlin Hodges looking competent out there after Mason Rudolph was...these are not guys that hit with the same success rate as they would in the 80s, 90s or 00s.

Yea the systems referred to are nfl stuff with college stuff sprinkled in

like Reid was already changing concepts of the west coast offense to fit the QBs he had but he got away from things and gave more control to his OCs.. then things didn’t work out with the eagles and when he got to KC he got back to calling the offense and then started changing things up

and you had Peyton using tempo also the pats, but basically it was to control with the defense was doing

problem with aspects of the college stuff, roster sizes, season length and physicality plus just better DCs to a degree

couldn’t just do that 1 thing, once teams got time to adopt you were screwed.. like look at chip he loved 11 and wanted guys to do what mcvay does with his 3 WRs, but chip just ran the same handful of plays

talent still super important, but gotta use that talent well because if you’re not then it don’t make sense.. like why draft clowney and use him like how the Texans did

Really can’t wait for the league to do a draft lottery, makes too much sense.. just another night to get ratings

then they can blow up the combine and do it like American ninja warrior style with leader boards and all that

Bengals
Joe Burrow
QB, LSU
In this week’s edition of the Tank for Tua Saga, the Cincinnati Benga… wait a minute. That’s not Tua’s name. What the hell is this!?
Here’s the thing, folks. Not only has LSU QB Joe Burrow been good, he’s been the best; he’s been the best player in all of college football this year. His improvement has been nothing short of extraordinary. He will beat you before and after the snap, he has the arm strength to push the ball down the field, and he has the accuracy and touch that has been top-of-the-class for six straight weeks.
You're going to read plenty of mocks with Tua as the top quarterback, but mock drafts at this point of the year are to explore the "what if" — since we all know crazy things happen.
The Bengals need a quarterback. The best quarterback this season has been Joe Burrow.

Dolphins
Tua Tagovailoa
QB, Alabama
With the top quarterback off the board, the Dolphins will just have to settle for Tua — boy, I can just feel the anger through the computer from some people after reading that.
In all seriousness, Tua is obviously still a great pro prospect. His arm, his accuracy, and his mobility will surely make him a Top 3 pick for whoever needs a quarterback in that range.

CeeDee Lamb
WR, Oklahoma
Did y’all see what CeeDee Lamb did to the Texas defense this weekend? Do I need to say more?
Lamb went into the year as one of the top wide receiver prospects in one of the most stacked receiver classes we’ve seen in a long time — and that was just based on what he did last year. This year he’s been even better. He’s a tough, fast, reliable, clutch, touchdown machine, and could very well be the best play maker to be had in this draft.

Falcons
Chase Young
EDGE, Ohio State
It’s crazy that a team this talented could collapse this hard.
(But enough about the Tampa Bay Lightning.)
Going into the season, on paper, Atlanta had one of the more preferred rosters in the NFL. Sure, there were
some elements to certain positions that weren't as strong as others. But *this* bad? Yikes.
That whole coaching staff is on their way out at this rate. Might as well take the best pass rusher in the draft to start the defensive rebuild.

Jets
Andrew Thomas
OT, Georgia
The more I watch Georgia football this year, the more I’m convinced that Andrew Thomas is the best pro prospect on their team. He moves so well for a man who is 6-foot-5, 320 pounds. His smooth style with natural power at the left tackle position could make him a day one starter in New York.

Dolphins
Jerry Jeudy
WR, Alabama
Juedy and Tua have a good thing going on. They're consistently one of the best QB-WR duos in the country each week. Why break up the band when you don't have to?

Browns
Grant Delpit
S, LSU
This Browns season has not been what we thought it would be. They need some help getting the coaching staff to gel with the players, but that can only be fixed with time.
Though the Browns could definitely use some O-Line help, they also need inspiring play on the back end. Because of this, I'm a fan of them taking a guy like Delpit who is one of the top playmakers in the draft on defense.

Jaguars
Isaiah Simmons
LB, Clemson
You can feel Telvin Smith’s absence this season. Whether or not Telvin comes back, the Jags need a mismatch neutralizer on the defensive side of the ball. Simmons is a freak athlete at his size. He can play linebacker to a attack the line of scrimmage, and even play some slot responsibilities in coverage.

Giants
Jeffrey Okudah
CB, Ohio State
The Giants seem to have their guy on the offensive end with Daniel Jones at quarterback. They just need to not be so unlucky with injuries. They could stand to add an impact wide out, but a big-time secondary player is a much more pressing need. Plus, when you get the chance to take a day one starter like Okudah, you can’t pass it up if you’re in their situation.

Titans
Justin Herbert
QB, Oregon
After getting benched for Ryan Tannehill this week, the clock will soon strike midnight on Mariota’s story in Tennessee. Though some Tennessee fans might roll their eyes at another Oregon quarterback, Herbert has been a potential top draft pick for two years and is having his best season to date here in 2019.

Buccaneers
Jalen Hurts
QB, Oklahoma
After Jameis Winston was responsible for six turnovers in the Bucs loss to the Panthers in London this week, a quarterback has to not just be *an* option for Tampa Bay, but one of their *top* draft options in the first round. The Bucs also have big needs at offensive tackle and in the secondary, but if Winston isn’t their guy, the quarterback position comes first.
Hurts is playing some really good football for what is statistically the best offense in the country at Oklahoma. He’s improved mightily as a passer, and is still a great run threat like many remember him being when he was at Alabama.

Broncos
Kristian Fulton
CB, LSU
If things play out the way we think they will, the Broncos could have a big need at cornerback this offseason. Fulton is one of the best man coverage cornerbacks in the country who has the size, speed and technique to stick with No. 1 WRs in the NFL.

Chargers
Tristan Wirfs
OT, Iowa
Though the Chargers needs on the offensive line don’t stop at one position, offensive tackle still looks the most glaring need. As one of the top freaks in college football, Wrifs not only has the bulldozing strength but also the quickness and athletic ability to thrive as a backside protector.

Cardinals
A.J. Epenesa
EDGE, Iowa
Arizona has needs along both trenches. But when an absolute freak of an edge athlete like A.J. Epenesa is on the board for you, how can you say no? Epenesa was sacking the quarterback at an unreal rate in 2018. He's slowed down the pace with more snaps in 2019, but that disruption is still there.

Cowboys
Trevon Diggs
CB, Alabama
With Byron Jones’ contract coming to a close this offseason, the Cowboys might be looking to fill a top cornerback spot before 2020 kicks off. As a former wide receiver, Diggs plays the cornerback position with a high IQ. He’s very athletic with a long 6-foot-2 body frame. Size and speed means he’s a first round target, and Dallas would be a team to make a move for him.

Rams
Alex Leatherwood
OT, Alabama
Alright so the Rams aren’t the invincible force we thought they were in 2018, but there is still plenty to like about what they have going on. There are some reservations as to whether or not Jared Goff is the guy to get it done for them, but I don’t think they’re ready to give up on that yet. Instead they need trench help. I think they’ll take best payer available between the edge and offensive tackle positions.
As if a top prospect for Alabama can be under the radar, Leatherwood isn’t being talked about as much as some of the other tackle prospects in this class. If the Rams can get him, they won’t mind. Leatherwood can move really well with a lot of natural power to him.

Colts
Derrick Brown
IDL, Auburn
After watching Derrick Brown in person a few weeks ago, I can confirm that they just do not make many humans like him. The way this guy can move at his 6-foot-5, 320-pound size for a defensive tackle is unbelievable at times. When he gets good leverage, he’s nearly impossible to contain in the middle. He plays a high impact position and plays it at a level not many other guys can.

Raiders
Henry Ruggs III
WR, Alabama
Do the Raiders have bigger needs than they do at wide receiver? Yes.
Is Gruden going to be able to pass up on a player with Ruggs' speed, play mentality, catch strength and route tree? No.

Lions
Bryce Hall
CB, Virginia
Hall suffered what looked to be a devastating ankle/leg injury in his most recent game. He likely won’t be playing anymore this season, and probably won’t be able to do anything during the pre-draft process, either. But if he’s good to go for next season, that’s all a cornerback-needy team will have to know to snatch him up, even in the first round. He’s too talented to slip as far as some might think because of the injury.

Panthers
Hamsah Nasirildeen
S, Florida State
What a turnaround the Panthers are making with Kyle Allen going in after Cam Newton went out with his injury. Whatever the future for the Panthers is at quarterback, their fight through the first half of this season
has been impressive.
I think defensive back (Carolina’s top need) has stepped up with the rest of the team, but they could still use some more playmaking on the back end. Though Florida State’s season has been a dud, Nasirildeen has been really impressive tracking both the ball in the air and ball carriers on the ground.

Eagles
Shaun Wade
CB, Ohio State
Philly’s roster is extremely talented, but the area they’re clearly lacking production in most is at defensive back. Though Wade is more of a slot player — at least that’s what he’s doing this season at Ohio State — his skills are first-round worthy. The Eagles just need the most talented defensive back they can get at this point.

Raiders
Jake Fromm
QB, Georgia
If the Raiders are going to turn to a quarterback, this pick could one of two ways. Either Gruden could be enamored with the big arm of Jordan Love and take a reach, or he could love the “it” factor when it comes to Jake Fromm in big games. With Gruden’s most successful quarterbacks often being guys who can just understand what to do the best (as opposed to more high variance, though highly talented guys) I think he’ll go for a guy like Fromm and try to just build the weapons around him.

Ravens
Dylan Moses
LB, Alabama
I think the Ravens' roster is setting up nicely for future success, but an area they could still work to improve is at that centerpiece linebacker position. Though Moses will be coming off an ACL tear, Baltimore is a spot that the timing of the pick and reward for the talent could hit big with a player like Moses.

Vikings
Javon Kinlaw
IDL, South Carolina
Simply put, Kinlaw is a stud. Like Derrick Brown, Kinlaw’s size, strength, speed and flexibility are rare for a man his size. When he turns it on, he’s been showing the nation there are few players, if any, who can block him. Vikings could fill a big need with one of the top players at the position.

Dolphins
Travis Etienne
RB, Clemson
Miami could very well go offensive line with this pick, as their needs along the trenches are vast and there are a handful of good ones to scoop up. However, I believe it was Abraham Lincoln who first said something that has withstood the test of time to this day, and that is that you can’t teach speed.
Etienne’s got it.
Tua, Jeudy and Etienne; Lincoln would be a Fins fans.

Bills
Jonathan Taylor
RB, Wisconsin
Though I do think the Bills could use a big-bodied wide receiver, grabbing a guy like Taylor to be a workhorse back for the next 400 years would be a very solid investment for this team, especially with Allen as their quarterback.
Taylor has everything you would want from a first round draft pick on and off the field. He’s elite at his craft, and he’s a player who will truly lead a team with his actions.

Packers
Brycen Hopkins
TE, Purdue
I wanted to get Green Bay a receiving weapon here, but I didn’t like any of the wide outs as much as I liked Brycen Hopkins for them. Hopkins gives me Evan Engram vibes, and pairing that kind of receiving talent at tight end with a guy like Aaron Rodgers would be deadly. We’ve seen how much Rodgers wants to force it to Jimmy Graham this season, especially when Davante Adams is out, but Graham just isn’t what he used to be.

Seahawks
Marvin Wilson
IDL, Florida State
Though the Seminoles have been borderline unwatchable this season, Wilson has been one of the best at his position, not just in the conference, but in the country. He’s been one of PFF’s top graded interior pass rushers in 2019, and that spells out potential first round pick at the rate he’s succeeding.

Chiefs
Paulson Adebo
CB, Stanford
Though Adebo has fallen a bit from his CB1 spot I had him at earlier this season, he is a still a big, long, fast,
cornerback with good ball skills. He’s taking his lumps this year, but I see them as learning moments more than I do a sign of unfixable liabilities. Plus, the Chiefs really need a potential shutdown cornerback.

Saints
Tylan Wallace
WR, Oklahoma State
Michael Thomas can carry this Saints passing offense by himself — well, he does still have Kamara, on occasion — but he doesn’t have to. Pairing Thomas with a smooth deep threat like Wallace would make New Orleans even more “pick your poison” than they already are.

49ers
Creed Humphrey
IOL, Oklahoma
How about this start to the season for the San Francisco 49ers. Undefeated and the second best draft spot in terms of projected playoff slot.
Kyle Shanahan has this roster rolling. They could stand to scoop up a defensive back at the end of the first round. But with most of them gone, rather than reach for another one, I believe they'd be best served taking one of the top interior offensive linemen in the class in Creed Humphrey. He’s a young, versatile and smart player who is only improving as his experience grows.

Patriots
Prince Tega Wanogho
OT, Auburn
Death.
Taxes.
The Pats pick No. 32 in a mock draft.
The Patriots obviously still have all their ducks in a row, and because of this they can take a chance on players who are raw but have a ton of tools and potential.
That’s Auburn offensive tackle Prince Tega Wanogho. He shows great flashes of power and athleticism, but still has to hone it in to be more consistent. Pair him with Pats O-Line coach Dante Scarnecchia and they might have a multi-year All-Pro player on their hands.

Jags just added the Rams first round picks in 2020 and 2021 + a 2021 4th rounder.

eagles need athletes at the skill spots

desean is really our only fast WR (and he's 32 and always hurt).. our CBs also arent great athletes

eagles need to sign or trade for a CB because we need an immediate starter there.. but i'd argue we need to look at either WR (depending on who drops to our spot) or CB in the 1st

i think 2 of our current CBs could be good Ss (rasul and mills).. but schwartz is too stubborn, who needs to be fired

but eagles been patching at WR for years between torrey smith, mike wallace (who played 2 games with us) and now desean (who played 1 game this year to this point)

if by some miracle eagles can get ruggs or lamb (i assume no way in hell we can get jeudy), we need to consider it.. maybe laviska shenault too, need to look more at these dudes

Last edited:
I've never been a Herbert fan... completely agree with the tweet. Obviously wish the kid the best.

1. Eason
2. Tua
3. Burrow
4. Herbert
5. Love

Sleeper: Kelly Bryant

I haven't really watched the FIU QB, but heard he's good. He'd probably be my #5, but haven't seen much of him, so can't do that yet.

1. Eason
2. Tua
3. Burrow
4. Herbert
5. Love

Sleeper: Kelly Bryant

This whole class is scary (in a nervous breakdown kind of way)

What makes you put Eason #1? Srs question

I like the kid but I have my reservations as well

This whole class is scary (in a nervous breakdown kind of way)

What makes you put Eason #1? Srs question

I like the kid but I have my reservations as well

He moves way better than I expected. He's fluid with everything. His accuracy is top tier. So many dropped passes.

I think he locks on at times, but that can fixed and comes when you dont fully trust your receivers. He also needs to do better at stepping up in the pocket rather than always going out and around (especially that damn spin). Also fixable. He has everything you'd want and he's demonstrated great command. Putting him on the field with NFL caliber WRs, I think you're looking at Matt Stafford with a better arm.

I think Herbert probably will be better than people think though, just cause of how different the NFL game is today. I said it before, but so many guys these days come in and look good who would have no business being on the field in the 90s, early 00s. The success rate for young Qs is so much higher and especially immediate success. The fact that Herbert can run will serve him well and why I can still see top 5 being justified.

He moves way better than I expected. He's fluid with everything. His accuracy is top tier. So many dropped passes.

I think he locks on at times, but that can fixed and comes when you dont fully trust your receivers. He also needs to do better at stepping up rather than always going up and out (especially that damn spin). Also fixable. He has everything you'd want and he's demonstrated great command. Putting him on the field with NFL caliber WRs, I think you're looking at Matt Stafford with a better arm.
Yeah pretty much the same issues I was thinking. I'm almost positive the spin garbage is from the coaching staff so that should die as soon as he leaves

Burrow going to No. 1 after not being considered a first-round pick is sort of like Kyler Murray... it's like these NFL scouts only need the most recent year to really go all in. :lol:

Burrow, Tua, Fromm and Herbert feel like locks in the 1st..Eason would make it 5

Back
Top Bottom