2021-22 NFL Off-Season Thread | Training Camp

Will any teams be forced to forfeit games due to COVID-19?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a lot of thoughts on the Aaron Rodgers situation.

I think he's recently leaned into the Anti-Favre / post-Tom Brady retirement = Best Case Scenario, coming out of the NFC. "Hopefully" he thinks.

He resents Favre, always has, even as they tried to fake-smooth things over. He began his career as a starter with a Super Bowl, technically, cause it was his second year starting, and if he ends his career in the same place, succeeding (haha!) at winning a SB in Green Bay (bookending SB's) it might all be worth it. It's something Favre didn't do, and that Favre didn't do when he went elsewhere. Brady retiring, and the NFC looking terrible, contributes to him buying into it all.

But he has to worry about the Rams, Niners, a Bucs team with Deshaun that is fine after a year off and avoids all legal trouble, and sure the Cowboys and Cardinals are always lurking.

Karon gambling, hope it all blows up again.

c9d4e33d3db6668023a794039285b31c.jpg

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

hell of a career, Russ. Always secretly rooted for him and the Seahawks. The man won 11 games per season.,

Who's AD going to sack now?

Herbert threw for over 4,300 yards 31 TDs his rookie year and followed it up with a 5,000 yard 38 TD season. The win/loss thing hasn't been because of him. They had like 5 losses by one score last year and 6 the year prior. If I'm not mistaken a lot of those losses were from defensive shortcomings.

Dude forgot Anthony Lynn got fired for boneheaded coaching mistakes at the worst times. And Staley is following in his footsteps.

I’m not complaining. I hope Seattle goes back to the Rick Mirer years for a long time.

But essentially picking Pete Carroll over Russ is just foolish. Especially at Pete’s age. They could’ve easily retooled with Russ and found a way to appease him in the process. Even in a down year where he missed games, they still won 7 games. It wouldn’t have surprised me the least bit if they bounced back next season.

I get a team like the Lions doing the Stafford trade. It made sense for them to go full rebuild. Seattle trading Russ just doesn’t make sense to me. But I don’t mind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom