2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Davion going by Off Night?

Das dope

Watched a lot of that game yesterday and he for sure had Pritchard in hell. Payton’s teammates and coaches weren’t doing much to help him though. Was clear that the Kings game plan was to keep him from getting loose, yet the Celtics didn’t do really anything on offense except have Pritchard go 1-on-1 or run p-n-r (which usually ended in a contested 3 or turnover).

No other Celtics seemed capable of making a play. I can see why Carsten Edward’s hasn’t become a regular NBA rotation guy yet; he’s pretty one-dimensional.

Not sure why I’m taking the time to give even a short breakdown of a Summer league game this morning, but here we are.

0416AA50-382C-415A-885F-43A2F73BD4F8.png

I wonder if she's retiring because she legitimately feels like its time for the next chapter of her life, or if it's because of a "disconnect" with her and these current gen NBA players.

A lot of journalists and media personalities have subtly hinted at them feeling unable to effectively do their job and constantly having to walk on egg shells because of the sensitivity levels and harshness in today's modern sports.

I wonder if she's retiring because she legitimately feels like its time for the next chapter of her life, or if it's because of a "disconnect" with her and these current gen NBA players.

A lot of journalists and media personalities have subtly hinted at them feeling unable to effectively do their job and constantly having to walk on egg shells because of the sensitivity levels and harshness in today's modern sports.

Or, they can no longer get away with the coded bs they were spewing for forever. They feel like they walking on eggshells, because they’re finally being called out and checked.

One quick look at the media landscape malice in the palace joint will tell you what these legacy journalist have been on.

Or, they can no longer get away with the coded bs they were spewing for forever. They feel like they walking on eggshells, because they’re finally being called out and checked.

One quick look at the media landscape malice in the palace joint will tell you what these legacy journalist have been on.

Jackie Mac was NEVER one of those journalists bruh. I know there are some BS ones out there, but she was a real one (from what I know).

Why are we so quick to group people together? Isn't that what we're trying to fix?

Yea that foolishness' she said about Kyrie made her realize her time was up.

:lol: @ " Jackie Mac was NEVER one of those journalists bruh. "

Last edited:
Jackie Mac was NEVER one of those journalists bruh. I know there are some BS ones out there, but she was a real one (from what I know).

Why are we so quick to group people together? Isn't that what we're trying to fix?
Sports journalists are not a marginalized group :lol:

Writing articles about balls going in hoops isn't an immutable part of anyone's identity that they're persecuted for

I don't have a problem with her but it's time for her to go. Tired of her Boston/Ainge love stories. :lol:

A lot of the older sports personalities definitely start to come off as whiny by the time they get to her age. Wilbon should be next. :sick: He has become really hard to listen to lately. Especially since he got into the HOF.

And similar to what some of you have said earlier in here, Jackie can't seem to get Monta's name correct. Mispronounced it last week when his comeback talk was announced. I'm like people STILL can't get this man's name correct? MON-TAY.

Son typed out in all caps that she was "NEVER" one of those people and then puts in parenthesis "(from what I know)" :lol: :smh:

I’ll never support looting and robbing small businesses which had nothing to do with what happened to George Floyd. What’d these small business owners do to police brutality? Why hurt your own people?

Some of the minority owned small businesses in my old neighborhood has been demolished. I see/hear what’s going on and my heart aches for the business owners. They went through hell to get their business and to hear them telling me they may never recover from this breaks my heart for them. Unfortunately, the looting is related to what’s going on with the topic of this thread. Is it the intended product? Absolutely not, but we’d be remiss not to acknowledge it.

I’m all for fighting social injustice. I’ve had to experience it most of my young and adult life. But this isn’t the answer.

What do you expect from someone that focused on "Looting" in the George Floyd thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom