2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
rondo was comically bad this season, how does he hop in the dryer. that rondo from the bubble gone. rondo shares a lot of attributes with bron in terms of what he needs to be effective. team still doesnt rally have trustworthy shooters that you can drive and kick to. which is what makes bron and rondo truly different. rondo aint hit none of those bubble 3s this year.

rondo was comically bad this season, how does he hop in the dryer. that rondo from the bubble gone. rondo shares a lot of attributes with bron in terms of what he needs to be effective. team still doesnt rally have trustworthy shooters that you can drive and kick to. which is what makes bron and rondo truly different. rondo aint hit none of those bubble 3s this year.
Rondo shot 40% from three in the regular season and 39% in the playoffs.

that doesnt tell the whole story. i watched the majority of the clippers games. he was mega buns. and damn near unplayable in the playoffs.

and trust i was really let down. i wanted rondo on that team a lot. thought he would've really helped them.

that doesnt tell the whole story. i watched the majority of the clippers games. he was mega buns. and damn near unplayable in the playoffs.

and trust i was really let down. i wanted rondo on that team a lot. thought he would've really helped them.
I can agree with his general play, but he shot the ball very well. :lol:

I don’t think he was bad for the Clippers; just nothing special. And they didn’t up needing him as much as they probably thought when they made the trade because of the way Reggie (and Mann to a lesser extent) leveled up in the playoffs.

And there was no talk or him being a bad teammate while he was here.

I don’t think it was a situation whether the Clippers couldn’t wait to get rid of him, but they had too many PGs on the roster and he was more expendable than some others.

plus the 40% from 3 is a bit more misleading because he only made 1 a game lol. Like if it was 40% on 5 attempts, ok, now we're talking. but he only took 2.4 - 3s a game lol. So now we're like, ok, take 2, make 1. that's cool. but nothing to write home about.

122487632_3705148086209128_1131432807198660938_n.jpg

Obviously Rondo wouldn’t be starting. I figured he would be playing & they could slide Russ to 2 when together, but if his role is glorified assistant coach then whatever.

Russ would flourish there anyway. It could work.

Obviously Rondo wouldn’t be starting. I figured he would be playing & they could slide Russ to 2 when together, but if his role is glorified assistant coach then whatever.

Russ would flourish there anyway. It could work.
Russ wouldn't flourish at the 2, he can't shoot. And he can't just endlessly drive anymore

Russ wouldn't flourish at the 2, he can't shoot. And he can't just endlessly drive anymore
Don’t do this. Don’t sleep on Brodie making it sound like he’s on a steep decline. He willed them DC boys to the play in tourney after starting the season on a bad leg.

Great players learn to adjust for lack of consistent burst too. Look a Rondo. Mans got a reliable jumper now. Easy money if I’m betting on Russ to get one too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom