2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really do think a KAT-Simmons-Edwards-DLo core is the best version of the Timberwolves we’d have while KAT’s around. It’s flawed obviously if Edwards can’t shoot, but can they do better while KAT’s around?

Minnesota would be forced to give up Jaden McDaniels as the centerpiece, Malik Beasley, Beverley, and Naz Reid.

A third team can be involved if the Sixers need more, as we’ve seen Philly’s reluctance to similar packages even as its player publicly wants out.

I think fans in general maybe doubt how well the league sees Jaden McDaniels.
I understand Simmons’ stock is Mariana Trench right now but I don’t understand these scenarios where Minnesota adds him and gives up none of their actual assets…

Also willing to bet Simmons is gonna come out shooting for w.e team he plays for. Not because he’s capable but more so out of spite.

**** it I’m Team Ben Simmons he’s got that chip now.
I think he was trying to get at everyone dogging him publicly. Up until now, he was ducking all the criticism. Sure, some folks saw this coming, we all saw the videos and soundbites.

But it hasn't got this out of hand, so publicly before. NBA players have huge egos, even if they're in the wrong. So, I understand this "chip" he was referring to.

:rofl: at the irony of folks hopping on Team Benjamin because he’ll have an imaginary chip and be out to spite the Sixers. Y’all are only supporting him to spite the Sixers/Sixers fan base. Let's just take a look at Ben Simmons:

Player A: 16/8/8 in regular season and 16/9/8 in playoffs --> Second Round Exit in 5
Player Bl 14/7/7 in regular season and 12/8/9 in playoffs --> Second Round Exit in 7

Player is "Rookie" Benjamin.

Player B is Year 4 Benjamin.

Defense aside, his play and progression is indefensible IMO. I’m not sure if the Cali teams rumor is true but I’ll always maintain the fact that Benjamin is one of those players that loves what the game brings to him but has no love for the game or desire to bring anything to it. There's too much evidence from his body language, passiveness, inability to even put on a dinosaur band-aid on the holes in his game, standing around, etc.

Outside of financial incentives, it would probably explain why he goes so hard for accolades because they are the only thing that can be used to validate his contract.

I understand Simmons’ stock is Mariana Trench right now but I don’t understand these scenarios where Minnesota adds him and gives up none of their actual assets…

I don’t think Minnesota does it if they have to give up DLo because Simmons wants to play with Russell, and Minnesota ain’t putting KAT or Edwards in a deal.

So it may be a nonstarter, but I was just weighing a Jaden McDaniels/Malik Beasley/Naz Reid package versus one centered around the Kings and Fox. If Haliburton is in that it’s a better offer than the Timberwolves, but if not it’s similar to the Timberwolves.

What? How exactly does he have a “chip” now?

because he didn’t improve year over year? Because he didn’t work the team provided shooting coaches year over year? Because he was one of the sole reasons we lost a very winnable series against the Hawks? And now he feels like he has been wronged?

“**** it I’m team Ben Simmons now”. Maaaannnn y’all funny
His team tries to trade him and then two major figures on the team openly disrespects him in interviews . He has every right to have a chip on his shoulder..

Minnesota would be forced to give up Jaden McDaniels as the centerpiece, Malik Beasley, Beverley, and Naz Reid.

A third team can be involved if the Sixers need more, as we’ve seen Philly’s reluctance to similar packages even as its player publicly wants out.

I think fans in general maybe doubt how well the league sees Jaden McDaniels.

I'm sorry...what?

:rofl: at the irony of folks hopping on Team Benjamin because he’ll have an imaginary chip and be out to spite the Sixers. Y’all are only supporting him to spite the Sixers/Sixers fan base. Let's just take a look at Ben Simmons:

Player A: 16/8/8 in regular season and 16/9/8 in playoffs --> Second Round Exit in 5
Player Bl 14/7/7 in regular season and 12/8/9 in playoffs --> Second Round Exit in 7

Player is "Rookie" Benjamin.

Player B is Year 4 Benjamin.

Defense aside, his play and progression is indefensible IMO. I’m not sure if the Cali teams rumor is true but I’ll always maintain the fact that Benjamin is one of those players that loves what the game brings to him but has no love for the game or desire to bring anything to it. There's too much evidence from his body language, passiveness, inability to even put on a dinosaur band-aid on the holes in his game, standing around, etc.

Outside of financial incentives, it would probably explain why he goes so hard for accolades because they are the only thing that can be used to validate his contract.

Easy there. I'm not a Ben Simmons fan 😆

I agree with your analysis. I just don't think he's as awful as some people believe him to be, if he's on the right team. Yes, I know--way too many caveats. But That's the world some NBA players live in. Draymond Green is another person who's applicable to that reality.

I don’t think Minnesota does it if they have to give up DLo because Simmons wants to play with Russell, and Minnesota ain’t putting KAT or Edwards in a deal.

So it may be a nonstarter, but I was just weighing a Jaden McDaniels/Malik Beasley/Naz Reid package versus one centered around the Kings and Fox. If Haliburton is in that it’s a better offer than the Timberwolves, but if not it’s similar to the Timberwolves.
I would give up DLo, but I’m pretty low on him. I don’t like his fit on Philly that much either. Yes he can shoot but he’s still pretty soft, and not consistent season to season.. seems like different roster same problems for Philly.

Easy there. I'm not a Ben Simmons fan 😆

I agree with your analysis. I just don't think he's as awful as some people believe him to be, if he's on the right team. Yes, I know--way too many caveats. But That's the world some NBA players live in. Draymond Green is another person who's applicable to that reality.
I am not as down on Ben as most, but Draymond Green without insane leadership and competitiveness is not Draymond Green. Pretty sure Draymond is a ceiling raiser anywhere.

I'm sorry...what?

“I don’t think fans in general view McDaniels the same as the league” I’m not saying he’s great or anything, yet. But he’s 20 and if you look at advanced and defense and everything….

And you can have the 2023 Wolves 1st Rd pick which would be in the 20s at best.

What does Fox do for a Maxey team over McDaniels? Again tho, I’m weighing the Kings offer over the Wolves in a major way if Haliburton’s in it.

Your team tries to trade you and then comes out and openly disrespects you in interviews then yeah he should have a chip on his shoulder.
I understand where you’re coming from but I struggle to buy it in this specific scenario. Philadelphia is notoriously one of the toughest markets to play in for any professional sports. On top of that, the entire basketball world from fans, talking heads, analysts, former players, even opposing defenders have been openly disrespecting him for three years but getting shipped is suddenly going to light a fire under his ***? I just don’t buy it because he hasn’t shown any improvement or even desire to improve that would lead me to believe he’ll come out aggressive and shooting

I'm not about to front like I watch teams I have zero interest in like that. So I really can't say much about De'Aaron Fox's game. But him and Young Bull in Cleveland seem to be similar players, no?

I looked them up and they have very close numbers. (A couple of you have posted this site and I love it. :wow: )

So the question is would I trade Colin Sexton (who I *have* seen play a handful of times) for Ben Simmons? >D

Doesn't seem to pass the smell test to me. So if I'm lukewarm on trading Sexton for Ben then I'm also lukewarm on trading Fox for him.

And Sacramento draft picks have a suspect track record which makes me even more leery to make a trade with them. :lol:

@lawdog1

i see you aint never reply to me clown

dont ever ask anyone again why they talking to me

aint none if your ****ing business if a person wants to engage in a dumb funny convo at 10 at night… who tf are you ?

did i do something to you ?

aint nothing was funny bout that
Yikes getting spicy in here.
200.gif

I got $150 that pick will be top 20.

If they had Ben Simmons, KAT, DLo and Edwards it’d be top 20 in two years? They don’t do the trade with Minnesota unless Ben gets what he wants and it’s to play with DLo, so you’d have those 4 core players wouldn’t give him up. Let’s talk if it happens (which it will not :lol:). The 20th pick is a first-round exit team.

Joel needs to stop talking. We heard you throw the guy under the bus immediately after that loss to ATL. Even in the tweets he's trying to be slick...'stats don't lie', 'some people ain't built like that' even though they may not be all of that can be interpreted as shots at Boomerang MCW.

Got celebrated by who? Everybody hated him :lol:

Everybody? Nah :lol:

Yeah some fans was annoyed by him but the media wasn't putting this dark cloud over him. I remember watching his interviews and the media would treat him like a real life Jerry Maguire. They loved interviewing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom