2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly but even still his movements at that size are still unbelievable to watch today and his dunks are excessively powerful. This gen don’t really see dunks like that even by bigs

embiid and cousins in highlights don’t have the pop that Shaq highlights do, no big really does
Shaq is another guy that has probably become underrated over the years

I’m usually pretty good at describing things/making analogies, but I got nothing for the new Scottie look except unique.

Highlights are deceptive, can make Biid/Cousins look like Shaq as well-- they'll just never know
Oh they'll get a good idea, can't just watch highlights. Gotta watch full games.

All they gotta do is watch full games of any playoff series in the early 00s between Shaq-Kobe vs Duncan-Robinson and they'll really see what's up.

Last edited:
Exactly but even still his movements at that size are still unbelievable to watch today and his dunks are excessively powerful. This gen don’t really see dunks like that even by bigs

embiid and cousins in highlights don’t have the pop that Shaq highlights do, no big really does
Like Shaq said recently when asked who he would be in today's NBA, he said emphatically, "Giannis."

Go watch tape of Young Shaq in Orlando he reminded, when he used to go the length of the floor like a guard and fools would just get out the way knowing they bout to be on a poster.

This was Shaq's genius: in the 90s, coming in as an athletic 7 foot center who had skills of a guard/forward, he said he knew he had to change his style of play because he knew his post moves weren't as good as Hakeem's, jumper not as good as Ewing's, he not as fast as Robinson, etc.. So he had to find an edge. And thats when Shaq put on that size and became Diesel. He said his only option was to overpower the other bigs.

Shaq would dominate today just like he did back then cause my dude would've adapted and kept his weight down to keep his athleticism at prime levels, and he would've been a 7-foot version of Giannis who would still overpower Embiid, Jokic, AD, and every other big in the post.

Shaq with his footwork in the low post would make today's bigs look extremely silly, my guy Shaq Diesel turning Jokic into Ostertag and Embiid into Erick Dampier... lol

Last edited:
Screenshot_20210905-151549_Instagram.jpg

Like Shaq said recently when asked who he would be in today's NBA, he said emphatically, "Giannis."

Go watch tape of Young Shaq in Orlando he reminded, when he used to go the length of the floor like a guard and fools would just get out the way knowing they bout to be on a poster.

This was Shaq's genius: in the 90s, coming in as an athletic 7 foot center who had skills of a guard/forward, he said he knew he had to change his style of play because he knew his post moves weren't as good as Hakeem's, jumper not as good as Ewing's, he not as fast as Robinson, etc.. So he had to find an edge. And thats when Shaq put on that size and became Diesel. He said his only option was to overpower the other bigs.

Shaq would dominate today just like he did back then cause my dude would've adapted and kept his weight down to keep his athleticism at prime levels, and he would've been a 7-foot version of Giannis who would still overpower Embiid, Jokic, AD, and every other big in the post.

Shaq with his footwork in the low post would make today's bigs look extremely silly, my guy Shaq Diesel turning Jokic into Ostertag and Embiid into Erick Dampier... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom