2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
AD playing the 5 so all of this was for nothing
Nice, that would result in the best lineup. However, he has made it abundantly clear that he does not like playing the 5. Add to that he is known for his his injuries. I’m just noting that relying on him as your starting 5 over the course of an 82-game season raises a potential red flag to me.

I come in peace.

Nice, that would result in the best lineup. However, he has made it abundantly clear that he does not like playing the 5. Add to that he is known for his his injuries. I’m just noting that relying on him as your starting 5 over the course of an 82-game season raises a potential red flag to me.

I come in peace.

He's made it clear that he's playing more of the 5 this season and Bron is playing the 4. It may evolve over the season but that's the plan going in right now.

Hopefully his new trainer and diet is going to help strengthen that core and keep him upright.

No point in trading for Russ if you're not gonna pair him with a stretch 5

97B4182E-E9BD-44A5-9F9E-AC7A89759909.jpeg

I think they just saved $10MM in luxury tax with the move.

This trade is pretty consequential since AD doesn’t like playing the 5.

Westbrook/Nunn/Rondo
Ellington/THT/Monk
Lebron/Ariza/Bazemore
AD/Carmelo
Dwight/Deandre

I guess in the closing lineup they slide AD to the 5,Bron to the 4, then on of Ariza/Monk with Ellington and Russ.

Dwight/DJ and Russ on the court with AD and Bron to start the first and second half is problematic. Whoever the 5th guy with them is going to be really needs to step up because I feel opponents will be willing to let them shoot
That 5th guy "shooter" is Carmelo Anthony. Melo will start and close imo. He's on a major mission this year, playing with a chip on his shoulder and wanting to prove he is still a key contributor on a championship team so I won't be surprised if Melo closes games, especially in the playoffs.

Melo's 41% three point shooting plus Bron, AD, and Russ gonna be dynamite come playoff time

No point in trading for Russ if you're not gonna pair him with a stretch 5
But Westbrook's most successful years have not come with playing with a stretch 5. His best years were with Adams and Kanter at C, Ibaka at PF.

Russ with DH or DJ on the floor gonna be a thing of beauty.

IMHO

But Westbrook's most successful years have not come with playing with a stretch 5. His best years were with Adams and Kanter at C, Ibaka at PF.

Russ with DH or DJ on the floor gonna be a thing of beauty.

IMHO
That was ages ago in a different NBA. Rockets gave you the blueprint when they traded capela

Doesn’t cost a thing, but I don’t get three years (edit: Team option in third year). You’re not tied to him either way.

Ben Simmons gonna have to live in Minnesota during the season (when not on the road) and he’s gotta spend his off-season doing this instead of taking pics with cars? He’s not gonna be happy :lol:

That was ages ago in a different NBA. Rockets gave you the blueprint when they traded capela
How is it a blueprint when Westbrook never made anyone else better in HOU after they traded Capela? Last I remember Russ got bounced out of the playoffs in rather embarrassing fashion against the Lakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom