2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope the sixers dig their heels in..

I get if a year or two before your deal is done, letting the team know you don’t plan on resigning and trying to see if you could get something worked out

but dude has 4 whole years left
If he misses more than 30 days of work/practice sitting out, this year becomes in ineligible on the contract and basically loses a year of service. IE if he doesn’t show up by like January, his contract is still gonna be 4 years at the start of next season rather than 3

If he misses more than 30 days of work/practice sitting out, this year becomes in ineligible on the contract and basically loses a year of service. IE if he doesn’t show up by like January, his contract is still gonna be 4 years at the start of next season rather than 3

yup.. I get clutch strong arming teams in certain situations

but given the player and the contract situation, not sure how this tactic is smart

I’m curious to what the end game is. Maybe at some point he shows up and acts disruptive or half asses things in hopes of still getting paid while forcing a trade. But missing a year of service is dumb.

Yeah he’s already rich to where he can retire and live comfortably off a few seasons of NBA contracts. But why mess up getting years more of NBA contracts when you’re just 25 or so. He only has a limited window to have access to that type of annual money. So missing an entire season or threatening to retire is just counterproductive in the long run.

Yeah he’s already rich to where he can retire and live comfortably off a few seasons of NBA contracts. But why mess up getting years more of NBA contracts when you’re just 25 or so. He only has a limited window to have access to that type of annual money. So missing an entire season or threatening to retire is just counterproductive in the long run.
Came in to say this. He's made like $60MM so far which is a lot for anyone but Its so damn reckless to turn down any year of this to me
1632923033128.png

If he goes full malcontent, the Sixers can suspend him and collect checks. If he does sit out til like January, the fines accumulated will allow the Sixers to duck the luxury tax for this season :nerd:

Orlando shoulda traded Isaac a couple seasons ago when yo still had potential round the league n wasn’t fully injury prone yet …But management holds on to everybody too late :smh:

A couple of seasons ago he was a Rookie and had very high potential. He has DPOY level potential depending on how he comes back from his injury and isn't he still on his rookie deal? I wouldn't trade him as he fits the timeline.

Trading Gordon and Vus were a few seasons passed due though.

If he goes full malcontent, the Sixers can suspend him and collect checks. If he does sit out til like January, the fines accumulated will allow the Sixers to duck the luxury tax for this season :nerd:
Playing with fire. They gotta move him to avoid a media circus

A couple of seasons ago he was a Rookie and had very high potential. He has DPOY level potential depending on how he comes back from his injury and isn't he still on his rookie deal? I wouldn't trade him as he fits the timeline.

Trading Gordon and Vus were a few seasons passed due though.
This doesn’t fit the time line, Orlando just started another rebuild and handed more money to an injury prone dude that will max out as a high level role player on a good team…Nothing bout Issac still being in Orlando makes sense …N then there’s the fact that management keeps bringing in players at his position as well, just drafted another dude in the lotto that needs mins at yo spot

C094830A-F097-42B9-B51F-408B711E3B4D.png

I actually initially felt bad for Isaac when he tore his ACL...but then he kept opening his mouth.
One of the funnier things about him opening his mouth is seeing all these republican congress members re-tweeting him and giving him props :lol:

Playing with fire. They gotta move him to avoid a media circus

why?

for a player with his issues, does a media circus help him in any way?

i get him wanting out, but I don’t get how he and his team went about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom