2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:

Ben could actually guard outside the paint.

Nope.

And he didn’t have to.

Sidebar, it's wild how Ben Wallace is generally loved, yet Rudy Gobert is hated... Besides the fluky chip what are we really talking about in terms of real difference here?

Dawg…people love Mutumbo, and hate Gobert. It’s insane.

all perception stuff tho.

Rudy Gobert can actually score the basketball if you give it to him.

conceited-face.gif

I'm not saying he's the man or anything but we just saw a guy who was just as offensively limited (Ben Wallace) make the HoF (I'm on record here saying he should be in I think) and yet Rudy Gobert can't get any love
Rudy will be in the hof

Plus Ben played in a diff era

Who knows if rudy will ever get a ring but it seems like he’d have to be in a special situation

Nope.

And he didn’t have to.

Dawg…people love Mutumbo, and hate Gobert. It’s insane.

all perception stuff tho.

Ben Wallace didn't defend outside the paint, is that what you saying?

Rudy and Ben was different type of defenders I don't know why antidope antidope is comparing them anyway. Mutumbo is definitely a better defender than Rudy too.

If the foulone extended is what you call that, then sure.

But he did not have to. That wasn’t detroit scheme. And offenses didn’t spread the floor like that.

An entirely different nba. He’d be cooked on the perimeter if he was the same size today he was then, trying to guard the type of players today in open space.

Different type of game

Ben Wallace would have dribbled this ball off his foot is all I am saying. They're the SAME GUY.

Different eras bring different critiques. Mutombo & Ben came in up different eras.
Never considered max guys. There's no excuse for Rudy to be this limited offensively.
We **** on Rudy for the same reason we **** on Ben Simmons.
Offensively, what has he gotten better at since coming into the league?
His inability to attack small line ups is a big reason why those Utah teams were always frauds.

15 & 14 guy. Hits 66% of his FTs and shoots 68% from the field.

This is all with one of the worst passing teams in the league. I hope Dlo can get him some solid looks. Because Rudy was routinely missed.
He will be much better off there, with a willing passer like DLO, and will open up a lot of looks for KAT now that KAT doesn't have to be the primary screener. Rudy Gobert is the best screener in the league and now it will actually bear fruit.

Rudy and Ben was different type of defenders I don't know why antidope antidope is comparing them anyway. Mutumbo is definitely a better defender than Rudy too.

Its not about who's better or the subtleties. Its the fact that they are the same overall archetype of player yet the perception fo the two is so divergent. Its inconsistent. But I am a fan of Rudy Gobert's. Guy deserves a lot more credit than he gets.

Different eras bring different critiques. Mutombo & Ben came in up different eras.
Never considered max guys. There's no excuse for Rudy to be this limited offensively.
We **** on Rudy for the same reason we **** on Ben Simmons.
Offensively, what has he gotten better at since coming into the league?
His inability to attack small line ups is a big reason why those Utah teams were always frauds.
Ehhh Ben Simmons pretends he's something that he isn't and makes excuses. Rudy Gobert not out here faking it for anybody. Ben Simmons had a real point about how in the Embiidless season stretch that one year he was truly at his best. But littered around that point are a ton of excuses.

Rudy Gobert just makes the only point that he ever needs to make. This team was not the best for my skillset. If he flames out on the Wolves I can't defend dude, but for now, I really expect a great season and a change of the narrative.

I feel like a lot of Rudy's hate stemmed from the coronavirus joke he played too.

Big year for him though. If the Twolves turn it around defensively and win games, it should change the narrative.

Draymond was the “good version” of himself in the last 3 games of the finals and a big reason why they won those games.

I think the team knows how important he is to their success, despite his clunkers. He fuels the team defensively and his passing ability from his position helps the offense run as smoothly as it does. There’s only a small handful of guys in the league that can kind of replicate what he does.

Don’t see him getting moved.
I agree that he was better. If he was off shooting the ball and got better, I wouldn't be concerned.

One could argue that he shouldn't have had any bad games considering that all they ask him to do is defend at a high level and QB the offense. But he was so bad that they had to bench him?

If the dubs have an opportunity to acquire a player that will extend the championship window (especially for curry), dray's contract should absolutely be in the trade conversation.

Imo klay should be on the table too if the scenario presents itself.

Keep in mind... This is just imo.

A guy who would be unplayable during a championship run is your highest paid player. Yall don't get the backlash? :lol:
Could be wrong but Wallace and mutombo were never the highest paid guys on any team they were on. That plays a part in the perception of Rudy's value
This is a very fair point... I make it all the time in reference to another guy, who is assembling a Technicolor Dreamcoat of jerseys

Lakers Russell Westbrook on His Shooting Woes After Another Frustrating  Loss - All Lakers | News, Rumors, Videos, Schedule, Roster, Salaries And  More

This is a very fair point... I make it all the time in reference to another guy, who is assembling a Technicolor Dreamcoat of jerseys

Lakers Russell Westbrook on His Shooting Woes After Another Frustrating  Loss - All Lakers | News, Rumors, Videos, Schedule, Roster, Salaries And  More
Exactly. I was gonna mention that Russ is synonymous with $47M. So yall should understand why Rudy is hella overrated. Yall are comparing him to role players when he's paid like a superstar. Dwight also got the same type of hate for his limited offense

I feel like a lot of Rudy's hate stemmed from the coronavirus joke he played too.

Big year for him though. If the Twolves turn it around defensively and win games, it should change the narrative.
Rudy should be able to get them a lot more regular season wins if we’re going off of how folks perceive his regular season floor raising ability

It’s the playoffs that’s always been his question

All that is fair, but I still think we need to see Rudy Gobert actually play on a team better suited to his skill set before we cast all this aspersion.

Russell Westbrook ran off Kevin Durant and then turned around and stat padded and nothing else. It is not really the same... YET.

Rudy Gobert flames out in Minny and I will join yall on the slander bus.

All that is fair, but I still think we need to see Rudy Gobert actually play on a team better suited to his skill set before we cast all this aspersion.

Russell Westbrook ran off Kevin Durant and then turned around and stat padded and nothing else. It is not really the same... YET.

Rudy Gobert flames out in Minny and I will join yall on the slander bus.
What scenario does he not get played off the floor in the postseason?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom