2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ehhh Ben Simmons pretends he's something that he isn't and makes excuses. Rudy Gobert not out here faking it for anybody. Ben Simmons had a real point about how in the Embiidless season stretch that one year he was truly at his best. But littered around that point are a ton of excuses.

Rudy Gobert just makes the only point that he ever needs to make. This team was not the best for my skillset. If he flames out on the Wolves I can't defend dude, but for now, I really expect a great season and a change of the narrative.
Acting like he can be a featured offensive weapon on an NBA team IS faking it.

And then there’s the fact he’s whined and pouted about all-star elections and awards, etc. and thrown teammates under the bus when the Jazz got bounced from the playoffs. That’s all why Rudyard gets the treatment he does, as compared to other defensive oriented bigs from the past.

God forbid an ALL NBA/ ALL STAR & DPOY (3X) gets the market value in an NBA, where there is a league wide salary bump…after his rookie contract.

86A46361-CF9C-4A9E-9F22-9B2C9C09AE33.jpeg

God forbid, because it’s Rudy Gobert

Top picks on their last rookie deal will make $12 mil/ year on their last year before their extension.

That is what Wiseman will make, before he can even negotiate a deal.

Mutombo and Ben never had the reputation of suddenly being unable to defend in the playoffs while commanding max money and complaining every year about not enough touches on offense.
I can't blame Rudy Gobert for existing in the future when the money was there. If those guys played now.... They would get similar bags.

Those gripes are warranted. Yall cool with letting Mitchell light 1/3 of possessions on fire without even THINKING about maybe trying Gobert?

All that is fair, but I still think we need to see Rudy Gobert actually play on a team better suited to his skill set before we cast all this aspersion.

Russell Westbrook ran off Kevin Durant and then turned around and stat padded and nothing else. It is not really the same... YET.

Rudy Gobert flames out in Minny and I will join yall on the slander bus.

Can’t be talking about playing to suit him when he’s on super max money. Of course he should take the $ offered but in the words of the great black philosophers, mo money mo problems

BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE & D StaXX D StaXX

Y’all (and the general public) were clowning Rudy…WAAAY before he got his big pay day.

Rudy was making between 22-27 mil per year, before 2021.

Mike Conley was the Jazz highest paid player, funny enough.

I swear, BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE just Be lying…and y’all be going with it

:rofl:

I feel left out. Been saying he was French fries. @ me

The white mormon chick can’t be the only reason why Ime got suspended. There’s def more to the story…right?

I can't blame Rudy Gobert for existing in the future when the money was there. If those guys played now.... They would get similar bags.

And what’s crazy is…Those guys got paid, past their prime and hurt their teams shortly afterwards. Mutumbo was making $16 mil/year in 2003. At age 36.

75275560-0214-4732-AE81-4D8D0B2B135C.jpeg

The Highest Paid player on the Nets

495C26F3-5136-4A4B-85C9-70CBADEF1574.jpeg

Ben Wallace at 32, signed a huge contract at the time. For $14 mil/per year. This is 2006.

3E671248-D5FB-4728-849B-353C83E17015.png

A huge reason Wallace got Shipped, and the Cavs lost to the magic in 2009, was he COULD NOT defend Rashard Lewis or the spread P&R

The white mormon chick can’t be the only reason why Ime got suspended. There’s def more to the story…right?
She's the wife of their VP of finance and controller so the FO kinda had to do something

And what’s crazy is…Those guys got paid, past their prime and hurt their teams shortly afterwards. Mutumbo was making $16 mil/year in 2003. At age 36.

75275560-0214-4732-AE81-4D8D0B2B135C.jpeg

The Highest Paid player on the Nets

495C26F3-5136-4A4B-85C9-70CBADEF1574.jpeg

Ben Wallace at 32, signed a huge contract at the time. For $14 mil/per year. This is 2006.

3E671248-D5FB-4728-849B-353C83E17015.png

A huge reason Wallace got Shipped, and the Cavs lost to the magic in 2009, was he COULD NOT defend Rashard Lewis or the spread P&R
Ben wasn’t making much when he actually won a ring

Whoa, are they really same tier?

I can’t say that at all
I mean I definitely prefer one over the other, but feel like others will feel differently :lol:

They bring different stuff to the table. Rudy is a better rim protector and lob threat based on his sheer size. Dray is significantly more versatile defensively, and can handle the rock and act as a passing hub.

Ben wasn’t making much when he actually won a ring

Fair. But neither was Rudy when he ascended and started showing his value as an all star caliber player to a consistent 50 win playoff team. The Jazz weren’t winning a championship in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 or 2022.

And Rudy Gobert, nor his contract was the fault of that.

The point is, people are being dishonest that the reason they don’t like Gobert is because of his contract. They been clowning him, long before his big payday. Super easy target. But in reality, he’s a REALLY good player. And one of the best in the league.

Y’all (and the general public) were clowning Rudy…WAAAY before he got his big pay day.

What am I lying about? He was a bum then and he's a bum now

Fair. But neither was Rudy when he ascended and started showing his value as an all star caliber player to a consistent 50 win playoff team. The Jazz weren’t winning a championship in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 or 2022.

And Rudy Gobert, nor his contract was the fault of that.

The point is, people are being dishonest that the reason they don’t like Gobert is because of his contract. They been clowning him, long before his big payday. Super easy target. But in reality, he’s a REALLY good player. And one of the best in the league.
The extreme hate is due to a lot of factors for sure

But him getting torched in the playoffs while being on that super max while supposedly being the best defensive player is a big one

People hate Donovan too but rudy gets more because of the other stuff. I don’t think people gonna argue this

Now we will see how both Donovan and rudy do on much better situations. They both don’t have any excuses to have better accounts of themselves, especially in the playoffs

giphy.gif

I saw him for what he was early. He's never been nor will he ever be that.
When Harden said all he do is run & dunk.. he was really talking bout Rudy.
Mans been in the league for damn near 10 years and hasn't develop an ounce of offense.
No skills, no go to moves. He's a scammer! addict4sneakers addict4sneakers

Those gripes are warranted. Yall cool with letting Mitchell light 1/3 of possessions on fire without even THINKING about maybe trying Gobert?
Utah had 99 problems but Rudy not getting enough touches was never one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom