2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Player Empowerment" is about to be walked gently into a plastic lined room in the next meetings

I see this being a talking point during the next CBA. But sometimes teams are so hell bent on landing a star that their approach is get the star by any means possible and worry about any problems later. Only thing is they’re not considering the personality aspect of everything and how these guys will handle things when everything isn’t going their way. Because different players handle adversity differently. I guess if super talents like that specifically want to play for your team, you make it happen and worry about everything else later though.

But guys like KD and Kyrie have prickly personalities and have had issues to where it seems like wherever they go they end up not being happy for whatever reason. And in the case of Kyrie Irving, in the inability to stay healthy was already there on top of that.

A team can offer a kings ransom to get Kevin Durant or make some type of move to land Kyrie Irving. And it may seem like a match made in heaven during the honeymoon stage. But if you’re trading multiple first round picks, you have to at the very least consider will they still be happy and buying into things 3-4 years from now. Especially with Kyrie Irving.

Random thought. But I feel like Jon Lovitz hosting an NBA Free Agency special would be funny.
Not sure why I thought this. But Jon Lovitz + this chaos would be GOLD
71A6FF22-A63D-4627-84AC-D1873605B5BC.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom