2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
This movie sucks so much. Legit craps
88AAE587-C0C4-40C1-BF1B-D95C73416FA0.png

My Endgame Experience
Standing ovation and crowd crying at 7am showing
What a time
This is the marvel conundrum

The MCU is a unique entertainment property.

It mostly produces C+ to B- films, but the singular nature of the shared universe concept
can elevate mediocre filmmaking craft.

star wars is a similar case. the franchise has maybe 3.5 good movies, 1 bullet proof all time great film.
and a lot of mediocre to out right bad films.

but it still draws people in.

The MCU is a unique entertainment property.

It mostly produces C+ to B- films, but the singular nature of the shared universe concept
can elevate mediocre filmmaking craft.

star wars is a similar case. the franchise has maybe 3.5 good movies, 1 bullet proof all time great film.
and a lot of mediocre to out right bad films.

but it still draws people in.

Harry Potter also...

Once people are buy into the 'universe' they become lifers.

What movies do i have to watch to understand infinite world?

Please don't say all of them

tbh it's not rocket science. my girlfriend literally had never watched any, went with me to infinity war.
and was thoroughly entertained.

but the more of the previous films you watch, the more better infinity war will become.

And its Revenge of the Sith. Only movie where the Jedis actually looked like space ninjas.
Everyone hated on this like crazy when it dropped and in the years after but to me it's aged better than any main series SW movie since Empire :lol:

Will die on the hill though that Rogue One is the best Star Wars film ever

Those first star war’s movies are trash though. Just walking around with their kindergarteners esque lightsaber fights. Havent finished any of them they suck.No idea how we got to THIS point with those movies being the foundation. They look like diorama movies

They did my boy Finn dirty in the new trilogy
francis.png

Went from a potential black Jedi to a hijinks character
Had so much potential with the ex-trooper to Jedi storyline only to squander it for no apparent reason :smh:

Also fumbled Kylo Ren's potential too turning him from a potential classic villain into an even more insufferable wannabe Vader

Everyone hated on this like crazy when it dropped and in the years after but to me it's aged better than any main series SW movie since Empire :lol:

Will die on the hill though that Rogue One is the best Star Wars film ever

I'm not mad at this take.

As for Revenge of the Sith.... You take away the Noooo meme moment and there's a lot of dope set pieces / moments.

And I think the issue with going back and watching the OG trilogy now is once you have seen the light sabre battles in episodes 1-3 and the CGI / cinematography in 7-9 **** just looks super ancient. They still have more 'soul' then the later movies though.

Black Panther is best Marvel movie ever. It eclipsed the MCU and was considered a culturally relevant movie. I think that's a reach that it was culturally relevant, but people feel that way. Wakanda forever!

I really wish I was there in the room when Lucasfilm was pitching Finn

You know what will really excite black sci fi fans???

We TRICK THE AUDIENCE into think a black man is going to be the main character of a star wars film.
but actually half way through the film we reveal it's the white girl!!!

and then we turn the black guy into this pathetic coward / friendzone loser slapstick comic relief!

such powerful representation!

As time goes by, with multiple rewatches, Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith is tied with my Return of the Jedi as my third favorite Star Wars movie

And I prefer the prequels to the sequels all shortcomings considered

Black Panther is best Marvel movie ever. It eclipsed the MCU and was considered a culturally relevant movie. I think that's a reach that it was culturally relevant, but people feel that way. Wakanda forever!

I was just thinking the other day.... As crazy as it was in 2018, Imagine the reception if Black Panther had dropped in summer 2020 with everything that was going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom