2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is guys are going to get beat on the perimeter though. Feels like a big ask to have your 5 who has been a 5 his whole life to all of sudden defend 4s in 2022.

I get the wolves couldn’t sit on their hands but this move and what it all took to make it seems like a mistake. Like who are you preparing for in the west by playing 2 bigs?
Just wanna know who they were competing against to give up four unprotected picks.

Thing is guys are going to get beat on the perimeter though. Feels like a big ask to have your 5 who has been a 5 his whole life to all of sudden defend 4s in 2022.

I get the wolves couldn’t sit on their hands but this move and what it all to make it seems like a mistake. Like who are you preparing for in the west by playing 2 bigs?

Absolutely it was way too much to give up. And 2027 and 2029 will hurt really bad.

This was the best move they would have available to them in the next year or two before they are beholden to maxes on KAT, Ant and maybe McDaniels. Same philosophy as NFL, when you have a franchise QB in a rookie deal, you better be ALL IN at that moment because the opportunity dwindles immediately once that first extension happens. Ant being the franchise QB in this scenario.

I think offensively they become a P&R heavy team with a lot of ball movement to get open shots.

Defensively the fit for Gobert is better with Minny. So that lessens some of the playoff concerns. There’s a difference between an occasional guy getting to the basket and it happening every play.
KAT will probably still get a good amount of minutes at the 5. But this was a necessary move because him at the 5 was becoming a double edged sword. I think the damage he can do on a defense playing him as a 4, would translate to any clunkiness at the 4

Risky move. But it was the only one that maximizes now. I really don’t think they are too far off in the West. Assuming Ant development.

Under no circumstance can you convince me that signing up to pay Rudy Gobert 46M's a year for the next 4 years (or whatever it is) is a good idea. I'm stunned. He can't dribble, he can't score on smalls.

He will 100% have to be benched come playoff time because that's definitely not going to be tenable beyond the regular season, he and KAT. Willingly signing up to essentially bench a 46M player is insane!

On the surface, it's one of the worst trades I've seen in a long, long time. That much draft equity to Rudy is insane.

Windy.gif

Sorry! I don't know what the actual leopard shirt looks like.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl:

Just wanna know who they were competing against to give up four unprotected picks.

No idea.

I think if they go the “continuity” route with the 5 starters they have now. It’ll be the most successful 4-5 year run the franchise ever had (including last year); and that’s pretty important to get out of the cellar of franchises.

But 2027 and 2029 1sts is going to be a disaster.

Their depth is atrocious. They’re not better than a fully healthy Lakers, Blazers and Clippers.

I’ll put money on it too once the KD and Kyrie saga is over and we have a sense of teams rosters.

I wonder if quinn quit the jazz because he knew about the rebuild...besides the royce trade they were releasing not resigning their own players so I had a feeling something was up

Their depth is atrocious. They’re not better than a fully healthy Lakers, Blazers and Clippers.

I’ll put money on it too once the KD and Kyrie saga is over and we have a sense of teams rosters.

They have 5 backups who are serviceable.

McLaughlin/Jaylen Nowell/Kyle Anderson/Taurean Prince/Naz Reid.

No one great, but all serviceable

Maybe a 3&D guy away from being a pretty cohesive bench. Them not having a Lou Will type is unimportant if you have 4 guys you expect to score already. Everyone else is there to fill specific roles.

Again we can all agree the back end of this trade is obscene. But the next few years it’s a good move available to them.

I get the wolves trade

A team that’s never done anything ever. Even being top 5 for the next 4 out of 6 years would be like a championship for them. Just to be relevant. And I mean that with respect not shade. Gotta crawl before you can walk. You don’t go from bad to title winner. It takes years and years of reputation building

I’m gonna go out and say the Wolves won’t make the playoffs in 2023.

Dubs
Nuggets
Grizz
Mavs
Clips
Pelicans
Suns?
Lakers?
Jazz?
Minny?

Too early to tell. Gotta see what Phoenix and the Show do. Also what else the Jazz will do.

I have them at a fair shot of making the playoffs as constructed though. Gobert is a nice addition though a MASSIVE overpay.

Utah is cooked. Cross them off. Lakers won’t be healthy and they still have Westbrook. Can’t take them seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom