2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s might be Michael Jordan out here leading the way tho…. :lol:

He’s out here seeing players getting paid 35 million to REFUSE to play?

Best believe MJ will be in solidarity with all the Owners.

Of course he’s on the other side but we also saw a team pay a guy $47Ms not to show up.

If I’m the Nets, I’m dumping Ben just to open up some more KD avenues.

What am I trying to keep him for?
Because realistically the only player you really could get back are mitchell. The suns aren’t trading booker
9247B44D-0F42-4B7C-B265-18EC72311CF7.jpeg

Zion isn’t getting moved, MPJ is still hurt. Bam isn’t worth it

This tweet is silly. It is assuming that the Warriors are his main revenue stream or he should be making financially risk moves to appease fans who, while they contribute revenue, don’t have skin in the game.

Folks are pondering if an All-NBA/All-Star player like Bradley Beal is worth $50MM yet get mad at Lacob for not wanting to pay $50MM for his 7th man in salary and luxury tax

If I were da Nets I would trade KD to da Jazz to force him to get rid of his liberal conjecture and innuendo. STOP SUPPORTING BLM, START RESPECTING LAW ENFORCEMENT AND STOP DA STEAL.

Gobert fit with DLo/Ant/McDaniels and Nowell is really good.
It also takes KAT out of having to fight under the hoop and solves defensive rebounding which they were 25th at and became an Achilles heel.

The Anderson pick up is huge for their perimeter defense.
Maybe another 3&D guy away from being able to play with anybody with a ton of versatility. Multiple 4-5 looks. Multiple 1-2 looks. Multiple ball handlers and creators.

Problem is….. That is a ton of capital to trade for Gobert and if doesn’t go to plan, they need to pull the rip cord in 3 years on everyone including Ant because they’ll need the draft capital rather than becoming a waste land.

Gobert fit with DLo/Ant/McDaniels and Nowell is really good.
It also takes KAT out of having to fight under the hoop and solves defensive rebounding which they were 25th at and became an Achilles heel.

The Anderson pick up is huge for their perimeter defense.
Maybe another 3&D guy away from being able to play with anybody with a ton of versatility. Multiple 4-5 looks. Multiple 1-2 looks. Multiple ball handlers and creators.

Problem is….. That is a ton of capital to trade for Gobert and if doesn’t go to plan, they need to pull the rip cord in 3 years on everyone including Ant because they’ll need the draft capital rather than becoming a waste land.

Is KAT going to be able to defend stretch 4s for an entire game? Is he going to be to close out to the corner ? What in the world do you do if you draw GSW in a 3/6 matchup to open up the playoffs?

Is KAT going to be able to defend stretch 4s for an entire game? Is he going to be to close out to the corner ? What in the world do you do if you draw GSW in a 3/6 matchup to open up the playoffs?

I think it all depends on what the perimeter defenders on the 1-3s do. If Jaden McDaniels and Anthony Edwards are able to play solid defense and develop their defense it makes everything easier. They’re only 21 and 20 respectively. Problem with Utah is the perimeter defense was horrid and forced Rudy into being pointless out there. Couldn’t stop the flood gates.
DLo being able to see and call out plays and coverages by being on the least of the opposing wings, is also helpful. It was a role he did really well last year. Pat Bev at the point of attack and DLo calling out what was coming.

Pat bev might get the chance to play with bron and help him lead the lakers back to the playoffs
>D
you cant script this nba stuff man

I think it all depends on what the perimeter defenders on the 1-3s do. If Jaden McDaniels and Anthony Edwards are able to play solid defense and develop their defense. They’re only 21 and 20 respectively. It makes everything easier. Problem with Utah is the perimeter defense was horrid and forced Rudy into being pointless out there.
DLo being able to see and call out plays and coverages by being on the least of the wings, is also helpful.

Thing is guys are going to get beat on the perimeter though. Feels like a big ask to have your 5 who has been a 5 his whole life to all of sudden defend 4s in 2022.

I get the wolves couldn’t sit on their hands but this move and what it all took to make it seems like a mistake. Like who are you preparing for in the west by playing 2 bigs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom