2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard Tim McMahon mention Davis and Dinwiddie. But yours makes sense. Again depends on how nets feel about Tim’s contract
I just get the sense based on how they handled this past year they’d prefer to maintain three “primary” ball handlers - which means they wouldn’t move off Spence.

Kyrie’s personality is a total turn off, obviously, but he does make a ton of on-court sense.

There’s been a ton of smoke around them poking around Collin Sexton, and they could do a S&T at this point and probably stay under the tax apron regardless. Just no idea what Cleveland’s return expectations would be.

I just get the sense based on how they handled this past year they’d prefer to maintain three “primary” ball handlers - which means they wouldn’t move off Spence.

Kyrie’s personality is a total turn off, obviously, but he does make a ton of on-court sense.

There’s been a ton of smoke around them poking around Collin Sexton, and they could do a S&T at this point and probably stay under the tax apron regardless. Just no idea what Cleveland’s return expectations would be.

It’s worth it to me. One year Myrie trying to secure a long term deal in the future. He’s going to be on his best behavior. Or he should be

Feel like New Orleans is a dark horse for Durant. They just gotta sell Durant on Zion and McCollum.

I'm assuming New Orleans would send out Ingram, Dyson Daniels, Herb Jones and all the picks.
Kd has no control and nets do not have to do him a favor. They can pull a San Antonio and do what they did with kawhi. For kawhi, it worked out for him.
If he gets moves to a team not on his list, is he going to refuse to report? Has that happened in recent history? Ultimately, he will be forced to make the best out of the situation given his contract

If I am new orleans, I make that gamble and cross my fingers he shows up

You know mavs better than me so you’d know their risk/reward tendencies. Luka is amazing. Guys switch teams nowadays like it’s nothing. It’s a big risk brining Kyrie in. If it doesn’t work and you lose valuable assets in process, that’s a recipe for disaster. Even for lakers, in a vacuum it’s not a good move but we are desperate and have aging star that will probably leave anyways so risk isn’t as high

Kd has no control and nets do not have to do him a favor. They can pull a San Antonio and do what they did with kawhi. For kawhi, it worked out for him.
If he gets moves to a team not on his list, is he going to refuse to report? Has that happened in recent history? Ultimately, he will be forced to make the best out of the situation given his contract

If I am new orleans, I make that gamble and cross my fingers he shows up
You and I both know it doesn't work like that in the league. :lol:

It’s worth it to me. One year Myrie trying to secure a long term deal in the future. He’s going to be on his best behavior. Or he should be
Def worth it if you can talk to Kyrie and have him say he “will play but will keep options open next summer.”

If he says “I don’t know man. Do you. We will see how I feel” then I’d be scared

Oh, I agree. I would do it in a heartbeat despite the reservations… but the pick we sent out would be heavily protected.
You know mavs better than me so you’d know their risk/reward tendencies. Luka is amazing. Guys switch teams nowadays like it’s nothing. It’s a big risk brining Kyrie in. If it doesn’t work and you lose valuable assets in process, that’s a recipe for disaster. Even for lakers, in a vacuum it’s not a good move but we are desperate and have aging star that will probably leave anyways so risk isn’t as high
Hard to say with a new regime what the risk profile would be and how much goofiness Kidd wants to tolerate/subject Luka to.

I think their bigger concern would be they already swung and missed once by bringing in one guy Luka didn’t respect because he wasn’t serious enough or committed enough to winning in Luka’s eyes.

Does throwing out assets on Kyrie and having him come here and be goofy cause Luka issues? That’s the only real concern, I think. He’s gotta be 100% aligned and on board with this prior to anything happening.

You and I both know it doesn't work like that in the league. :lol:
If I had to bet today, he doesn’t end up in Phoenix or Miami - and ends up expanding his list and landing at a maybe lesser preferred location, but still somewhere he green lights.

Reactions: DLF
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom