2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know durant is difficult to understand but it wouldn't have been so bad to play next season and see how far a team with him, kyrie, and simmons could go. he looks weak as hell giving up already and trying to go to another stacked team. Maybe him and westbrook both need to end up in okc again.

291735538_6026825224012618_6730239895611104874_n.jpg

Sounds like a great reason for Rust to stay in LA to me
LA ain't saying no if Kyrie is telling Klutch and Bron he wants to play here, commit to full season availability and attendance, and leave all his baggage in Brooklyn.

Kyrie coming to LA to win titles, something Russ knows absolutely nothing about.

Miles Bridges a ****ing ******. Dude is like one of those degenerate gamblers that loves losing and sabotaging themselves.

As for Minny, how do you have a potential future MVP caliber 20 year old and trade your future away for a 30 year old goofball. SMH.

I know durant is difficult to understand but it wouldn't have been so bad to play next season and see how far a team with him, kyrie, and simmons could go. he looks weak as hell giving up already and trying to go to another stacked team. Maybe him and westbrook both need to end up in okc again.
That’s really not a bad team. Don’t think the next situation is a guaranteed upgrade

Kd has no control and nets do not have to do him a favor. They can pull a San Antonio and do what they did with kawhi. For kawhi, it worked out for him.
If he gets moves to a team not on his list, is he going to refuse to report? Has that happened in recent history? Ultimately, he will be forced to make the best out of the situation given his contract

If I am new orleans, I make that gamble and cross my fingers he shows up

Usually teams cave. But the 76ers played hardball with Ben Simmons, and that was the right move given the circumstances and him being under contract for multiple seasons imo. Especially if he’s not able to recoup everything he lost in fines.

You gotta leave the emotions out of it and take a deal which is most beneficial to your organization if it’s there. But if it’s not there, you drag this out. The Nets have no draft capital for a while thanks to the Harden trade. So there’s no light at the end of the tunnel from tearing it down in the form of top picks if they hit rock bottom. There’s no urgency to rush a trade to accommodate Kevin Durant when the results of said trade will likely have ramifications which impact the Nets for years to come.

Who knows how bad the relationship is behind the scenes. But if it’s not Ben Simmons vs Philly toxic bad. Wouldn’t surprise me if the Nets let Durant know they’ll try to accommodate his request, but it may potentially drag out until they get a deal to their liking.

But I’m sure the Nets are feeling some type of way. They essentially paid the dude 30 million or whatever to rehab on their dime year one and then he wants out after playing 2 seasons after they catered to his every need. But they enabled everything they’re dealing with right now so to an extent that’s on the Nets.

You and I both know it doesn't work like that in the league. :lol:

Definitely doesn’t work like that. No matter how in the wrong ppl may think KD is, the superstar, especially someone of KD’s caliber will get what they want. If a team did decide to send KD to hell like some trash team you risk no other big name wanting to lock in with you because they arent going to forget how the star was treated.

Definitely doesn’t work like that. No matter how in the wrong ppl may think KD is, the superstar, especially someone of KD’s caliber will get what they want. If a team did decide to send KD to hell like some trash team you risk no other big name wanting to lock in with you because they arent going to forget how the star was treated.
What franchise in recent history has had trouble because of this?
Dan gilbert took shots at lebron on his way out and they just reinked darius

This is one of those things that gets said alot but I'll believe it when I see it. Maybe if guys share an agent...but in most cases I can't see Player A giving a **** about Player B when it's time to get some money. And chances are...the team KD wouldn't want to go to aren't likely players in FA typically anyway.

This is one of those things that gets said alot but I'll believe it when I see it. Maybe if guys share an agent...but in most cases I can't see Player A giving a **** about Player B when it's time to get some money. And chances are...the team KD wouldn't want to go to aren't likely players in FA typically anyway.

It gets said a lot because the opposite outcome has yet to happen. If a superstar wants out, they are getting out and going where they want/prefer. They arent getting sent to purgatory. Players run the league. A team isnt gonna risk that to prove a point or get the last laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom