2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NBA x WCW collab >>>>>>>>

This was also dope as hell

Imagine in a couple of months going from senior prom to setting the nba on fire and getting shouted out while sitting front Raw (plus backstage access)

I forgot all about Stacy Kiebler until that clip :pimp: :pimp:

Oh this is where the LeBron phone meme came from? :lol:

In the words of DCAllAfrican I come in peace. What makes her a trailblazer? She makes more than the average person in America on her WNBA salary. Her going to Russia for more money isn't necessarily a need. while I feel bad for her, it's still wild to be traveling with certain things, especially when going to foreign countries. Everywhere isn't as liberal as America and offers the freedoms America does. No judgment was exercised there. Unfortunately, she's just being used as a bargaining tool by Russia on the world stage. But free her. Nobody deserves 15 years in prison for something that we deem as trivial.

To be fair - I used the word trailblazer, not him. It can certainly be debated and it is not a hill that I am willing to die one but I think a number of folks view her as such because of her coming out and telling her story the way she did, how she embraces it, standing up against the bullying of folks in that community because of her experiences, being the first openly gay Nike athlete, her fight against gender roles, etc.

I am not totally sure about her WNBA salary in relation to the average American. Allegedly back in the day China gave her $600K for 4 months (12X her NBA salary). She is just now clearing $200K per season in the WNBA. It would be financially foolish to take advantage of those opportunities in that profession IMO.

Regardless, and to your point, the wild part is it wasn’t like this was her first trip to Russia. She played multiple seasons over there prior to this so she should know what’s up. She should definitely be freed be freed for her offense but unfortunately she is bound to her rules. You can have fun in foreign countries but you have to be careful and you damn sure cannot break the law |l

She’s making $200k per season and homie said she went to play in Russia “to make ends meet”?

:lol:

Stop. When we got so many people barely getting by or living on the streets leading to death save that $200k a year sob story fam.

15 years is whack for something so small, but that’s not America over there. They lock people up for far less and way longer there. She made an idiotic decision and is luckily getting bailed out

She’s making $200k per season and homie said she went to play in Russia “to make ends meet”?

:lol:

Stop. When we got so many people barely getting by or living on the streets leading to death save that $200k a year sob story fam.

“Ends meet” is a stretch, as he said, but it 100% makes sense for her to play overseas. Yes, making $200K at 30 years old is a luxury but not very other 30 year old doing that can arguably stay at that salary, close to it, or make more for the rest of their lives. She only has a couple more years at that salary and then what? She, like all professional athletes, have to maximize their earnings during the small window they have. For WNBA players that entails playing overseas.

I am not downplaying the role she played in landing in this predicament but I think her heading there in the first place makes sense.

Regardless, I hope she is freed and that the Merchant of Death does zero to minimal harm upon his release.

“Ends meet” is a stretch, as he said, but it 100% makes sense for her to play overseas. Yes, making $200K at 30 years old is a luxury but not very other 30 year old doing that can arguably stay at that salary, close to it, or make more for the rest of their lives. She only has a couple more years at that salary and then what? She, like all professional athletes, have to maximize their earnings during the small window they have. For WNBA players that entails playing overseas.

I am not downplaying the role she played in landing in this predicament but I think her heading there in the first place makes sense.

Regardless, I hope she is freed and that the Merchant of Death does zero to minimal harm upon his release.

I don’t blame her at all for capitalizing on the money she probably made over there. But to phrase it like she’s struggling and had no choice as if she’s a victim is laughable.

A649850E-A7CA-444E-B6BE-3129CAE0506D.jpeg

Throw in both Laker 1st Rd picks and who says no?

She has 3 gold medals, Fiba world cups, wnba ring, ncaa championship, and yall are comparing her income to average Americans though. 220k is way more than 40k sure, but she’s among the highest paid female basketball players right? At 220k? For comparison sake, John Wall makes about 573k… per game (x82=47m). According to Hoopshype, Troy Williams is the literally only one NBA player who makes less than her

anyways all this dont get in trouble overseas stuff got me scared with my own personal proclivities and the favorable exchange rate. I might have to just sit my *** down somewhere if I am in some non allie country

My thoughts exactly.making $200k as a consultant at 30 is very different than making $200k as an athlete at 30.

The former is just starting their career where the latter is nearing the end of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom