2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bad playoff series doesn’t dramatically change who he is, but you been a hater.

Name me 3 better offensive players in the east.

Embiid, KD, Kyrie, Giannis, Tatum, Jimmy, Middleton. I'm taking those guys when it matters most.

Because of his size Trae a tier below with Jim, Demar, Beal, Zach, Garland etc.

Giannis is fine.

KD and Embiid is a no for me. Trae can score like them and is a vastly better passer.

Hold on let me revisit this.... :lol:

The fact you qualify Giannis yet dismiss two of the greatest offensive talents in league history is quite special.

297034713_6109979125697227_2646530659636799566_n.jpg

1. Being tall doesn't make you a good defender. If so, Duncan Robinson wouldn't be the richest player not in a rotation right now. Nobody would ever take Huerter or Bogdon over Murray on defense under any circumstances.

2. He's 6'4 with a 6'10 wingspan. The #1 reason why he's been a plus defender for the majority of his career.Who are these big strong 2 guards terrorizing the league that Murray has to guard now?

3. Dejounte Murray is absolutely defensive minded.
I never said being tall made you a good defender. Don't muddy the waters with a wack Duncan Robinson example.

Dejounte Murray isn't defensive minded as in Patrick Beverly, Tony Allen "defensive minded."

Nor should he be. He needs to take some of the offensive load off of trae young.

I don't really need to list a league full of 2 guards...
The hawks are trying to improve in the east and have given up a good amount of trade assets to do so by acquiring Murray (which I don't disagree with at all)

With that being said, the 2s like jaylen brown, if harden can get his game back and Middleton who's kind of a SG/SF come to mind. All big strong guys that play good mins at SG and are on contenders. (Which the hawks want to be)

For the hawks to contend in the east, it will be because they're on par with Boston, Philly, Milwaukee etc.

This is without mentioning the big strong guards like jrue holiday and Marcus Smart etc.

So yes, of course Murray is a better defender than huerter and Bogdan. I would never argue that... Nor did I ever say it.

My point is that when you have a skinny starting back court where neither player is taller than 6'4" you will have upside, and limitations.

Just imo.

Last edited:
So, y’all laughed and told me luka wasn’t on Durants or embiids tier last season…

And now I’m reading this about trae

Wut in the

The Trae train is just toooooo much man.

“Top offensive players”?

Come on man :lol:

This needs to stop ……(he may get there one day tho, but chill rn)

Skills relative to size.

There's been plenty of 6 foot guards who do/did what Trae does.

You can count the KD & Embiid 'types' on one hand.

I never said being tall made you a good defender. Don't muddy the waters with a wack Duncan Robinson example.

Dejounte Murray isn't defensive minded as in Patrick Beverly, Tony Allen "defensive minded."

Nor should he be. He needs to take some of the offensive load off of trae young.

I don't really need to list a league full of 2 guards...
The hawks are trying to improve in the east and have given up a good amount of trade assets to do so by acquiring Murray (which I don't disagree with at all)

With that being said, the 2s like jaylen brown, if harden can get his game back and Middleton who's kind of a SG/SF come to mind. All big strong guys that play good mins at SG and are on contenders. (Which the hawks want to be)

For the hawks to contend in the east, it will be because they're on par with Boston, Philly, Milwaukee etc.

This is without mentioning the big strong guards like jrue holiday and Marcus Smart etc.

So yes, of course Murray is a better defender than huerter and Bogdan. I would never argue that... Nor did I ever say it.

My point is that when you have a skinny starting back court where neither player is taller than 6'4" you will have upside, and limitations.

Just imo.

There is no reason to be afraid of 2022 James harden. Dejounte will be just fine guarding him. Trae guards PJ Tucker. There is no reason to be afraid of the sixers either.

Dejounte can guard Jrue. Hunter guards Middleton. Trae guards whichever 3/D guy the bucks put out there. None of this matters because the hawks won’t be able to compete with the bucks. Giannis

Hawks not beating the Celtics but we just saw Jaylen brown shackled by a smaller guy than Murray. But again, they still aren’t a better team than the Celtics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom