2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
imagine watching brunson struggle to get 20 ppg in the WCF and thinking “let’s max this man!”

Not a good take. Poole is about to get 100 mill plus and he was hiding behind HOFers struggling against top defenders as a damn 4th option.

Who in Brunsons tax bracket is scoring an efficient 20+ ppg in the conference finals as a top 2 option? They're all struggling

Screen Shot 2022-06-28 at 11.59.33 PM.png

Last edited:
Unless another team maneuvers it seems like Orlando or the spurs are his only options

Now that I think about it…Ayton could be an interesting test case for this increased qualifying offer that top picks are eligible for. It is $16.4MM (Zion’s will be $17.6MM if he meets starter criteria and $7.7 if he doesn’t which is not that crazy).

Zion’s case will also be very interesting because in addition to the qualifying offer, there is the question if he will be just standard max extension eligible, designated player rookie extension or go the RFA route and get an offer sheet.

Then you have to have to consider if the Rose Rule or Embiid Rule come into play with his new deal as well. Could be some unprecedented, petty or idiotic stuff.

Not a good take. Poole is about to get 100 mill plus and he was hiding behind HOFers struggling against top defenders as a damn 4th option.

Who in Brunsons tax bracket is scoring an efficient 20+ ppg in the conference finals as a top 2 option? They're all struggling

Screen Shot 2022-06-28 at 11.59.33 PM.png

you could look at Poole as “hiding” behind HoFers and being a 4th option but 16/3/4 on 62/40/100 shooting splits is impressive as a 4th option. if Poole played the same role and minutes as Brunson, his numbers are better

you could look at Poole as “hiding” behind HoFers and being a 4th option but 16/3/4 on 62/40/100 shooting splits is impressive as a 4th option. if Poole played the same role and minutes as Brunson, his numbers are better

Maybe. I’ve never seen a player more allergic to contact than Poole tho. He might as well not even be on the court on defense. I’m not saying Brunson is crazy on defense but at least he’s built like a fire hydrant lol.

What options are the Mavs looking at this cycle?

I know the FA class kinda mid so choices are limited

Based on what folks have posted today, their best option seems to be to wait until 2024 when they’ll have cap space for a near max player. I understand it’s kind of punt two years of a perennial 1st Team All-NBA, MVP candidate but he’s only ~23.5 years old. They have the luxury of being able to do that IMO. 2024 has a nice lil class too

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2024/

pelinka being delusional. what team would be willing to take on russ’ $47 million without demanding 1st round draft capital?
Vinay mentioned camp being a deadline but depending if it's real bad again by Feb someone would take that for half a season easy.
9zy7x0_th (2).png

But moving him before that like around camp time? Yeah teams might keep that tax on them :lol:

I’m trying to figure out how Payton would come for their 6 million exception

I figured he command more than that

Payton’s people need to keep planting more teams that are interested

I’m trying to figure out how Payton would come for their 6 million exception

I figured he command more than that

Payton’s people need to keep planting more teams that are interested

man i hope you’re talkin about peyton pritchard and not Young Glove aka GP2 :nerd:

i need the warriors to re-sign him.. not only to keep him on the roster but also to avoid having to play him 4x a year + playoffs. i think GP would be a perfect fit next to luka. with the way defenses hyper focus on him, GP would feast at that dunker/back door cutter spot

I can't imagine signing a guy to a max deal and I honestly never heard of this guy til this year. And I watch basketball almost every single night it's on and check this thread everyday.

I'm being sarcastic but I legit never considered him to ever be a max guy or someone to seek out.

Last edited:
man i hope you’re talkin about peyton pritchard and not Young Glove aka GP2 :nerd:

i need the warriors to re-sign him.. not only to keep him on the roster but also to avoid having to play him 4x a year + playoffs. i think GP would be a perfect fit next to luka. with the way defenses hyper focus on him, GP would feast at that dunker/back door cutter spot
Lmao there’s reports out there it’s Gary Payton. Figured it was planted stories and or wishful thinking by Dallas

I became a huge fan of gp from early in the season. Dude just pops

Dunno what exactly Dallas best closing 5 would be without brunson but for 6 million, you could do way worse than payton

Again I am thinking he earned much more but we’re about to see. I dunno which other teams have cap space outside spurs, magic and okc

i initially thought that type of scenario as well, but that just means the lakers are taking on those long term contracts, no?

In theory Scary Terry and Oubre/Hayward would be a decent return, but the Lakers are giving signals that they'll at least give it another go with Russ to start the season to see if a new coach and his disposition and more importantly play is better to start the year. That'll probably be the play as they also want to preserve that cap space for next summer which means a deal more likely to be done closer to the trade deadline where teams will know if their own seasons are lost and want a fat expiring deal.

I can't imagine signing a guy to a max deal and I honestly never heard of this guy til this year. And I watch basketball almost every single night it's on and check this thread everyday.

I'm being sarcastic but I legit never considered him to ever be a max guy or someone to seek out.

Been several of these floating around but this one was the funniest one I've seen.

Charlotte to get off long term money

Vinay mentioned camp being a deadline but depending if it's real bad again by Feb someone would take that for half a season easy.
9zy7x0_th (2).png

In theory Scary Terry and Oubre/Hayward would be a decent return, but the Lakers are giving signals that they'll at least give it another go with Russ to start the season to see if a new coach and his disposition and more importantly play is better to start the year. That'll probably be the play as they also want to preserve that cap space for next summer which means a deal more likely to be done closer to the trade deadline where teams will know if their own seasons are lost and want a fat expiring deal.

i initially thought that type of scenario as well, but that just means the lakers are taking on those long term contracts, no?

I was thinking like moe200069 moe200069 . If I am the Lakers why would you take on long-term deals at the deadline that 1 the deadbeat Hornets 2. you are giving up a $47MM expiring in Russ and 3. literally everyone else coming off the books except AD’s $41MM and THT’s $11MM player option. 4. You don’t know what Bron is doing in the future. Haven’t had that type of cap flexibility since the summer of 2016.

I am not trying to be on the “Lakers get everybody” tip but I can’t get down with taking on suspect long-term deals for a play-in appearance or first round exit when you have a chance at supreme flexibility. I do not believe entering another Mozgov and Deng era is the wave (although I surmise you might retort that is where they will end up if they don’t get rid of Russ).

You are honestly doing the team that takes Russ, western conference and the league a favor in the long run if you trade Russ in Feb.

russ for rozier and hayward is an upgrade for the lakers but hayward has 3-4 years left on his contract. you would want that? could be the restart russ needs, playing on a team where he has less pressure to win.

but i could see the lakers waiting to the trade deadline for a fringe playoff team dealing with backcourt injuries to take a chance on russ

russ for rozier and hayward is an upgrade for the lakers but hayward has 3-4 years left on his contract. you would want that? could be the restart russ needs, playing on a team where he has less pressure to win.

but i could see the lakers waiting to the trade deadline for a fringe playoff team dealing with backcourt injuries to take a chance on russ

Totally agree with all that. Rozier and Hayward is definitely an upgrade but is Rozier/????/Hayward/Bron/AD really going to make it past the second round? If they even get past first. Folks have to remember Hayward is injury prone too so him at 32 with Year 20 Bron and AD….yikes.

What type of assets would the Lakers be taking in return in this injury scenario? Could be a chance to get some picks too but that’s wishful thinking :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom