2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitchell Robinson 4 year at $60 is a fair deal. Noel was great for them too. Too bad they got rid of his cheap contract to give Brunson $110 mil lol.

Taurean Prince, Wolves Agree To Two-Year, $16M Extension

Damn...I was kinda hoping the Sixers would land him to add to our non-existing wing depth.

I’ve wanted ish on the clippers for a few years now. I like this deal for denver. Hope it pays off for them.

Denver did the trade because Ish Smith's money is non-guaranteed. KCP can slot into the starting SG spot and Bones will take over the backup PG spot with Murray back healthy.

ah I wasn't aware of Ish Smith's contract. Makes sense now.

nuggs are giant cheapskates, and Jokic deserves better

I think this will be critical years for Joel and Joker. If both teams are fully healthy and fail to meet expectations, I can see the media starting the narrative similar to what they were doing with Giannis prior to his chip.

Nuggs are fundamentally unserious franchise that have been propped up by incredible GMs and scouting department.

you got the MVP, the best offensive player in basketball, in his prime you won't spend big
and you won't even spend to retain the GM that made the picks and helped build the scouting department

they don't get nearly enough heat.

Nuggs ownership is a joke.
their only redeeming quality is they don't care enough to meddle in basketball ops.

nuggs are giant cheapskates, and Jokic deserves better
Have they shown to be cheap over the years? I know they've consistently paid their main guys early

Barton has been on the block for years it seems. Monte's contract isn't anything crazy so idk why they wanted to offload him so bad but I thought a Barton + Morris package would get you more than KCP. Kanye shrug

Hopefully Murray and Porter are fully healthy because Joker def deserves it

Have they shown to be cheap over the years? I know they've consistently paid their main guys early

Barton has been on the block for years it seems. Monte's contract isn't anything crazy so idk why they wanted to offload him so bad but I thought a Barton + Morris package would get you more than KCP. Kanye shrug
It dates back to the Carmelo years. They let go of Camby for nothing, then made their run to the WCFs. Didn't pay for Dahntay Jones (turned around and traded for Afflalo), let Kenyon expire. Traded Nene immediately after he re-signed.

Now they trade JaMychal and a first to dump his salary (at least they got a first back) and this trade.

I understand them not wanting to match Minnesota's offer for Connelly. That sets a precedent then next thing you know Sean McVay wants an ownership stake with the Rams. :lol:

It dates back to the Carmelo years. They let go of Camby for nothing, then made their run to the WCFs. Didn't pay for Dahntay Jones (turned around and traded for Afflalo), let Kenyon expire. Traded Nene immediately after he re-signed.

Now they trade JaMychal and a first to dump his salary (at least they got a first back) and this trade.

I understand them not wanting to match Minnesota's offer for Connelly. That sets a precedent then next thing you know Sean McVay wants an ownership stake with the Rams. :lol:
Yeah I remember the Carmelo thing

Maxing Porter and Murray early, extending Gordon, I mean I can't kill them too badly. in terms of not opening their wallet. Just horrible luck with their injuries

You could certainly criticize how they've spent their money. Investing in Porter who already had red flags for his health and Gordon who's a Tweener, that's fair. But I mean, that's a lot of money spent right there

always making tax avoidance moves.
they pay their guys, but that to me is the bare minimum.

if you are trying to win the chip, i don't think you put a second year player as basically the sole creator of your second unit.

Imo it's a lateral move to save money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom