2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordan Poole Orlando Magic was a trending search on Google. Thought he was on the trade block or something. Turns out it’s just that they want to target him next offseason

Always feel like there's more to these sorts of convos that often gets ignored and boiled down into basically 'all the bad things we railed about aren't bad anymore now that folks who look like me can afford to do it'.

I'm also under no illusions since it's definitely the way the world works in practice though but it doesn't always make it justifiable imo.

Still I won't ever knock people for using their positions and influence to help provide more potential opportunities for deserving/qualified people who would've had a hard time getting them otherwise. Those instances will always be commendable to me.

I hear you but it doesn't make it justifiable to who exactly?

For online discourse?

Look out for yours just like anyone else would do.

I've never even been mad at "them" for keeping it in the family because I know others would do the same thing given the chance.

That's one thing I've just never cared about to be honest but I understand why folks have an issue with it from a systematic standpoint.

The man that’s a “pure hooper” gonna retire???

Nahhhh… this a EASY bluff :lol:

sucks-happy-gilmore.gif

I hear you but it doesn't make it justifiable to who exactly?

For online discourse?

Look out for yours just like anyone else would do.

I've never even been mad at "them" for keeping it in the family because I know others would do the same thing given the chance.

That's one thing I've just never cared about to be honest but I understand why folks have an issue with it from a systematic standpoint.
To society at large basically :lol:

A lot of ills have been caused by folks who never deserved seats at the decision making table on their own accord but got it primarily due to luck of the draw.

Definitely understand the tendency and draw towards that line of thinking on a basic level given how tribal we are instictively but it hasn't necessarily ever proven beneficial to the world around us throughout history. Been the opposite in most instances and it breeds destructive forces over time when applied on a broader scale. (Discrimination/otherism, sectarianism, cronyism etc)

To society at large basically :lol:

A lot of ills have been caused by folks who never deserved seats at the decision making table on their own accord but got it primarily due to luck of the draw.

Definitely understand the tendency and draw towards that line of thinking on a basic level given how tribal we are instictively but it hasn't necessarily ever proven beneficial to the world around us throughout history. Been the opposite in most instances and it breeds destructive forces over time when applied on a larger scale.

Yea I understand the last part completely.

Just saying that we are only here for roughly 70 years and most people aren't giving a damn about how their decisions are influencing the world as a whole.

That isn't me saying it doesn't breeds destructive forces over time when applied on a larger scale.

That isn't me saying it doesn't breeds destructive forces over time when applied on a larger scale.

Yea I understand the last part completely.

Just saying that we are only here for roughly 70 years and most people aren't giving a damn about how their decisions are influencing the world as a whole.

I hear that and most people don't let that play any part in their attitudes towards it but my feelings about it go off of the results of the instances of it that we see worldwide.

You see it happen in every country and culture, even where my people/tribe are the majority, and it definitely plays a part in why things don't necessarily ever change for the better.

Definitely is always hard to expect folks to look beyond the things that involve them and theirs directly though when it comes right down to it and that's why it's such an ingrained part of our societies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom