2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
that dude in the red shorts was otherwise the best defender on the floor for most of the runs, just got caught on the wrong side of a poster, right after on the other side Looney tricked off an alleyoop dunk

Lol social media using misleading stats to get their point across.

The wnba deal is in its final year so we are comparing data for it from 10 years ago. The MLS deal is new so has inflation and potential for growth post 2026 World Cup built into it. Also the mls deal is an Apple TV deal where the mls still has to pay for all production costs.

The new WNBA deal will far exceed the MLS deal this coming year or two.

Last edited:
Lol social media using misleading stats to get their point across.

The wnba deal is in its final year so we are comparing data for it from 10 years ago. The MLS deal is new so has inflation and potential for growth post 2026 World Cup built into it. Also the mls deal is an Apple TV deal where the mls still has to pay for all production costs.

The new WNB deal will far exceed the MLS deal.

Good point. The previous mls deal was 75 mil. I don’t think the wnba will surpass $250mil though. I would like for that to be true but I don’t see it.

The wnba deal is in its final year so we are comparing data for it from 10 years ago.
This is why I was hesitant to speak on the deals too much. Figured some data was skewed or context was ignored. New WNBA deal will definitely be worth more than 75m. And they do deserve more.

It’s a 10 year deal for the MLS. Apple is making a smart bet. $250 mil might be a bargain in 10 years
Personally I think it's a bargain in 4 years. The WC is coming to America in 2026, and the MLS season will take a break for it before getting right back into the mix.

Between now and then, the # of subscribers for Apple's service will pop too. Millenials with no cable, relying on streams because ESPN blacks out any local games, will sign up in droves.

Everywhere is a distraction. Even for a regular student. Multiply that for an athlete. Multiply that for the son of lebron James.
True but unless Eugene changed a lot, it is secluded as hell

I don’t think bronny needs a non Hollywood type atmosphere to reach his potential tho. For a kid who has all the reason to be entitled and a diva, he doesn’t seem like that at all

If he has to stay longer term in college that prob also factors into things

The MLS just signed its deal, with Apple which is throwing money at sports leagues for content.

That is just their ESPN deal, it doesn't include the deal they signed 3 years ago with CBS. They are toward the end of their ESPN deal.

Seems like it is expiring this year (but I read other places it might run until 2025)

The WNBA's next TV will probably see a big bump too. Like most leagues are seeing. But that is if Amazon and Apple are still in a spending mood.

True but unless Eugene changed a lot, it is secluded as hell

I don’t think bronny needs a non Hollywood type atmosphere to reach his potential tho. For a kid who has all the reason to be entitled and a diva, he doesn’t seem like that at all

If he has to stay longer term in college that prob also factors into things

Seclusion doesn’t matter though. If you want to lose focus, you can. Seems like he’s got a good head on his shoulders but a college town ain’t ever stopped a youngin from getting into something he wasn’t supposed to. It’s still college.

Seclusion doesn’t matter though. If you want to lose focus, you can. Seems like he’s got a good head on his shoulders but a college town ain’t ever stopped a youngin from getting into something he wasn’t supposed to. It’s still college.
We’re not disagreeing, my point was there’s definitely differences between college campuses/environments

I said that I don’t think he needs a particular college to reach whatever his potential is because he doesn’t seem entitled. And if it’s a one year deal then it matters even less

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom