2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to know how a guy who put up 32/6/7 and 29/8/4 in consecutive finals series DIDN'T deserve Finals MVP both years. That's what intrigues me.
We discounting the fact that he shot 40% from the field and 32% from 3 against the Celtics? Pau deserved that MVP.

Speaking of retiring Lakers jerseys, if lebron retired today would the Lakers retire his number? If so is it because he’s Lebron or because of what he’s done?

I can’t see it being the latter *shrug*

He's a HOFer, been great individually and added another banner, he's getting retired just for the Lakers tenure. He's basically Wilt Chamberlain when he got to LA.

Jersey retirement is a very team-specific thing, with subjective criteria. I personally defer totally to the organizations on this subject.
That’s a fair point. I just feel like more storied franchises should reserve jersey retirement for the legends of the franchise.

We discounting the fact that he shot 40% from the field and 32% from 3 against the Celtics? Pau deserved that MVP.

So FG% is what you're going with 😂😂😂

As I said before...stupidity.

This wasn't a KD-Wardell or hell even Wardell-Iggy scenario where someone clearly changed cause of what Pau did.

If LO never married a Kardashian he was on his way up there, hes now relegated to the Rambis,Cooper, Nixon, Fisher territory. Which isnt a bad place to be.

That’s a fair point. I just feel like more storied franchises should reserve jersey retirement for the legends of the franchise.
I hear you, but that’s not really the precedent the Celtics, and to a lesser extent Lakers, have set.

Pau was the second best player on back-to-back champions squads. I don’t think his case is that inferior to Wilt and Gail Goodrich who both have their numbers retired with only one Lakers ring.

I think the organization may also be giving Pau some extra credit for how supportive he’s been of Kobe’s family after his passing, which is totally fair in my book.

If LO never married a Kardashian he was on his way up there, hes now relegated to the Rambis,Cooper, Nixon, Fisher territory. Which isnt a bad place to be.

Nah Pau was on another tier as a player. LO was a great supporting role but Pau was a legit anchor of the team/helped turn them into a contender when he was traded for.

I still remember the energy Pau brought back to the city. Unfair as that mf'n trade was :lol:

I think I was debating MVP MVP whether the Lakers would have gotten Pau regardless of the Bynum injury...

But anyway, the 180 degree turn from injury to Pau was nuts

Hawks finishing top 5 in the east this year if healthy and Okongwu keeps progressing and we let Murray run the late 3rd quarter rotation. 40+ wins.

I still remember the energy Pau brought back to the city. Unfair as that mf'n trade was :lol:

I think I was debating MVP MVP whether the Lakers would have gotten Pau regardless of the Bynum injury...

But anyway, the 180 degree turn from injury to Pau was nuts

Kupchak was under immense pressure at that point to make a move regardless given Bean's trade demand earlier in the summer. Before Pau they had a deal in place for KG that included Bynum and Odom but apparently Bean didn't return KG's call to see if he was cool with it so that's why that didn't happen. Crazy to think how that could've changed the entire landscape of the league at the time but it worked out for both of them. There is a bit of revisionist history on who Pau actually was and his reputation at the time even though that first finals run as being too soft. He came back and made amends though and then some going forward.

Hawks finishing top 5 in the east this year if healthy and Okongwu keeps progressing and we let Murray run the late 3rd quarter rotation. 40+ wins.
Opportunity is definitely there for them. With the Nets such a mess, I think the East is pretty wide open after Celts, Bucks, Sixers and Heat.

Opportunity is definitely there for them. With the Nets such a mess, I think the East is pretty wide open after Celts, Bucks, Sixers and Heat.
That’s where I’m at. Cavs, Bulls and Nets will be in the mix too, maybe the Knicks now with Brunson and DRose. You’re right the east gets nasty after the top 4.

0C6807AF-05A2-4367-A27E-7AC3F84A885D.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom