2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly why I said you’re not capable of having a rational convo about Kobe. Who completely disregards efficiency? :lol:

Rational in a irrational premise doesn't make any sense.

It's 48% vs 41% does that really matter when someone is clearly the focal point of the other teams defense? And yet and still leads the team in scoring every game?

Did Pau deserve the 09 FMVP too? I mean if we going by your logic it's 60% vs 43% from the field. Never mind that Bean damn near doubled the scoring output.

Its an asinine argument. When there is such a clear gap.

Now for example 2018 when both Wardell and KD basically put up 29/11/8 and 28/6/7 but KD shot 53% vs Wardell's 41%. That would make more sense. Or hell if Pau was putting up Shaq type numbers but he was literally just doing the same thing he'd been doing all season.

Last edited:
Loved LO
but Pau was on another level.

LO had crazy potential if he ever would’ve put it all together.

0C6807AF-05A2-4367-A27E-7AC3F84A885D.png

Constant Steph slander continues.

Reactions: HIM
I hear you, but that’s not really the precedent the Celtics, and to a lesser extent Lakers, have set.

Pau was the second best player on back-to-back champions squads. I don’t think his case is that inferior to Wilt and Gail Goodrich who both have their numbers retired with only one Lakers ring.

I think the organization may also be giving Pau some extra credit for how supportive he’s been of Kobe’s family after his passing, which is totally fair in my book.
Let's keep it a buck, had Kobe never died Pau Gasol's #16 is still going up in the rafters.

I wouldn't have Durant quite that high.

I'd still give him the benefit of the doubt given how uncharacteristic that performance was in the playoffs.

Giannis is on a tier by himself me thinks at this point though.

Why? Not saying your wrong, but I'm assuming they're taking into account the Grizzlies success without him.
He averaged 38 in the second round. Shot like trash the first round but almost averaged a triple double.

Booker wasn’t better in the regular season nor the playoffs. Grizzlies won some games without Ja, cool. Shouldn’t take away that he’s a top 10 player in the league

I'd still give him the benefit of the doubt given how uncharacteristic that performance was in the playoffs.

Giannis is on a tier by himself me thinks at this point though.
Giannis
Joker

For third, I'd probably accept Luka or Steph. KD and Bron in a tie after.

Adjusted for inflation, Michael Jordan would have made $61.17 million in his last season with the Bulls.

He averaged 38 in the second round. Shot like trash the first round but almost averaged a triple double.

Booker wasn’t better in the regular season nor the playoffs. Grizzlies won some games without Ja, cool. Shouldn’t take away that he’s a top 10 player in the league

Booker made 1st team all NBA coming off a crazy run in his first playoffs the previous season. I think that equity has merit to him being over Ja right now.

A team winning almost 80% of it's games without its best and supposedly top 10 player is unheard of and that was almost a third of their total games played including the postseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom