2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s nasty and what am I spinning? The writing was on the wall a year prior that Aldridge was gone. Same with Derozan. Wish we would have cashed them in when we had them. Along with the Kawhi mistake is really what I’m referencing.

Just feel like this Dejounte move is unprecedented especially at his age and him being a fan favorite, unless he asked out. Can’t remember another trade like this unless I’m missing someone
None of these guys are cornerstone pieces they don't need to be kept by anyone.

None of these guys are cornerstone pieces they don't need to be kept by anyone.
Exactly I agree, except for DJ who is a top 5 defensive guard in the league. Just saying we had chips to cash in (Kawhi, Aldridge, Demar) but we were thinking short sighted. Better late than never I guess tho

Why do the Sixers feel the need to screw themselves over by signing Harden to an extension? This happens every year but teams do know they can break the cycle right?

a part of it is you can’t just let a player like harden walk for nothing, could move him down the line. but i wonder if another part of it is morey not wanting to having nothing to show after trading ben simmons. it would be outright embarrassing to trade the former #1 pick for a half season rental that finished with a 2nd round exit.

As a Spurs fan since 89………. Not to tell my age but 89 loyal fan and they do this. I get the trade, all I know we better end up with the #1 draft pick.

Is two years younger than Chet Holmgren and outplayed him last summer in the U19s.

Missed the deadline to enter this past draft by four days.

I'll try to find a full game link. Gives a better impression than the highlights imo 🔥🔥 will start following him

Last edited:
The Kings and Knicks being bad is largely due to organizational reasons

I mean sure. I guess. You still need a hell of a lot of luck in the draft to actually land the #1 pick.

Spurs notoriously tanked and got Duncan and now are blatantly tanking for Victor. If they go for 2/2 the system rigged.

Another L for the super max? I'm shocked that's he's taking that much of a cut. Gotta see what the long term deal looks like I suppose.

Harden taking a pay cut….

:wow: :wow:

Love how this is being spun as some kind of altruistic gesture

He’s opting out of 47 mill so he can sign a 140+ mill dollar deal.

140>47 for a player that is severely on the decline. He’s smart

Why do the Sixers feel the need to screw themselves over by signing Harden to an extension? This happens every year but teams do know they can break the cycle right?

People are not seeing that him has nothing to do with altruism and they shouldn’t be surprised he did. Him doing this is good for both sides in the long-term.

Look at Russ for example. He had no choice but to opt in because his next deal will be ***. If he had the ability to do the same thing then maybe it could have helped the Lakers in free agency. But anyway, let’s say Harden falls off a cliff next year similar to Russ. His deal would be way less than than whatever he takes in the mid-30s.

Cap friendly deal that secures you financially for multiple years. I see no problems 🤷‍♂️

Is Harden only re-upping on a 1 year deal or is this with an extension?

Extension. Otherwise he would have opted in and taken the $47Mm.

Why? With their team, it’s likely gonna happen.

How is it likely to happen with the flattened 14% lottery odds for the Bottom 4 :lol: Its going to be weird seeing them be in that conversation, though |l

What’s nasty and what am I spinning?

I don’t think that B/R tweet was praising or criticizing the moves. To me seemed just like matter of fact statements and legitimate question :lol:

Maybe because they were so good for so long, Pop is a top coach of all-time and Spurs are a top organization but this is the first time I have have seen please praise a tank. Just saw a tweet saying it is the most honorable tweet of all-time and folks in here seem to feel positive about it.

People are not seeing that him has nothing to do with altruism and they shouldn’t be surprised he did. Him doing this is good for both sides in the long-term.

Look at Russ for example. He had no choice but to opt in because his next deal will be ***. If he had the ability to do the same thing then maybe it could have helped the Lakers in free agency. But anyway, let’s say Harden falls off a cliff next year similar to Russ. His deal would be way less than than whatever he takes in the mid-30s.

Cap friendly deal that secures you financially for multiple years. I see no problems 🤷‍♂️

Extension. Otherwise he would have opted in and taken the $47Mm.

How is it likely to happen with the flattened 14% lottery odds for the Bottom 4 :lol: Its going to be weird seeing them be in that conversation, though |l

I don’t think that B/R tweet was praising or criticizing the moves. To me seemed just like matter of fact statements and legitimate question :lol:
Just forgot about the changes to the lottery system.

It’s pretty obvious who will get Victor at #1

The Knicks. Everything has led up to this moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom