2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't referring to the trade terms, I was referring to your own words in the first sentence of this post

So what you're saying is that if you substract my explanation of the initial sentence.

You can interpret what I said in a ridiculous way that I obviously did not intend.?

I mean okay,
seems like strange way to operate on a text based communication platform.

can’t eem step outside in this heat. Feels like Palm Springs in LA right now :sick:

Bout to hit up a bar for this SC game and free AC lol

MV5BMzY0NjRkNGItNGZkOC00ZDAwLWFlMjUtOWJkNDUyYTJmNDA5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDgyNjA5MA@@._V1_.jpg
It’s 90 at the beach, man. That ain’t right.

Let me answer your question with another question: do you think NBA owners and GMs all conferred with each other and made a pact not not give JR Smith a contract? Or took a secret vote on it?

I get it and the answer is obviously no. But it’s what Jr thinks and the context that he uses it. The way he’s talking about his situation is that GMs casually talk about things like this then he naturally gets blackballed along with the other players he mentioned.

I get it and the answer is obviously no. But it’s what Jr thinks and the context that he uses it. The way he’s talking about his situation is that GMs casually talk about things like this then he naturally gets blackballed along with the other players he mentioned.
I suppose. But to me, if those conversations around the league about those guys are just “they’re old, erratic shooters and can’t effectively defend anymore”, which I suspect is the case, them calling it being “blackballed” is more being in denial about the state of their careers than an accurate characterization of what’s actually happening.

I suppose. But to me, if those conversations around the league about those guys are just “they’re old, erratic shooters and can’t effectively defend anymore”, which I suspect is the case, them calling it being “blackballed” is more being in denial about the state of their careers than an accurate characterization of what’s actually happening.

💯

If you look at the names JR mentioned, they're all washed. Heck Isiah had what like 5 chances to get back to the league and it all ended up in failure.

So in summary, the way JR used the word blackballed is correct based on his understanding. The problem is that he is in denial of what is actually the case, and it's that they're all washed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom