2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch guys load manage during the tourny amd take time off
Just silver saying “these games are more important than regular regular season games” is enough? Lol

What are the actual stakes at play here, do the winners receive some kind of actual advantage or prize besides money and a trophy

addict4sneakers addict4sneakers works for Adam Silver…

I’m convinced. :lol:

A04EB895-CA4C-4093-B8BC-56AB27571F2C.jpeg

NBA in-season tournament framework begins to take shape
The framework of an NBA in-season tournament is taking shape and could be implemented as soon as the 2023-24 season, sources with knowledge of the discussion told The Athletic on Friday.

The tournament games would run through November, and eight teams would advance to a single-elimination round in December. The other 22 teams in the league would continue with regular-season play.

All of the games would be part of the normal 82-game schedule with one extra game for the two final teams.

The NBA and NBPA are still working to finalize the in-season tournament concept, which includes to-be-determined prizes for the eight teams that advance to the single-elimination round, sources said.

The in-season tournament was discussed on a Competition Committee call in September 2021 with the potential of $1 million per player in prize money.

In February, Adam Silver pointed to the success of the league’s Play-In Tournament and said, “Related to that, to me, in terms of trying new things, then does it make sense to look at some other concepts we’ve talked about, like an in-season tournament.”

Silver added that “in some ways, the players have been more receptive to the possibility of an in-season tournament, because the Play-In has been a bit more successful.”

NBA in-season tournament framework begins to take shape
The framework of an NBA in-season tournament is taking shape and could be implemented as soon as the 2023-24 season, sources with knowledge of the discussion told The Athletic on Friday.

The tournament games would run through November, and eight teams would advance to a single-elimination round in December. The other 22 teams in the league would continue with regular-season play.

All of the games would be part of the normal 82-game schedule with one extra game for the two final teams.

The NBA and NBPA are still working to finalize the in-season tournament concept, which includes to-be-determined prizes for the eight teams that advance to the single-elimination round, sources said.

The in-season tournament was discussed on a Competition Committee call in September 2021 with the potential of $1 million per player in prize money.

In February, Adam Silver pointed to the success of the league’s Play-In Tournament and said, “Related to that, to me, in terms of trying new things, then does it make sense to look at some other concepts we’ve talked about, like an in-season tournament.”

Silver added that “in some ways, the players have been more receptive to the possibility of an in-season tournament, because the Play-In has been a bit more successful.”

1 M for each player, alright. Might be enough to play a lil harder

The last dude on the bench in street clothes gotta be loving this news

I do skill work. Never bored watching the most skilled guys in the world play. Giannis plays hard af and his trying to hurt everyone. Luka what he wants in slow motion. Jokic is a great of a passer as we’ve ever seen. Kawhi Leonard gets to his spots and is deadly from mid range. CP3 is 38 and short and is surgical in the pick and roll. Steph curry is an alien. Kevin Durant is an alien. Kyrie is a magician who doesn’t want to pass but I understand why. Bradley Beal has brakes on his shoes. SGA is basically unstoppable unless presti tells him to sit down. De’Aaron Fox has Olympic speed. Lebron at 38 is still fun to watch. Embiid has the ability to mimic guard moves. Devin Booker puts on a shot making show.

If you’re bored that’s on you. Maybe you’re aging out of basketball.

What rule changes would yall like to see in the NBA. For me players should only get half their game check if they lose by more than 20 (the debacled rule). Players should be allowed to forego one(1) post game media session per week without penalty (westbrook rule)

I do skill work. Never bored watching the most skilled guys in the world play. Giannis plays hard af and his trying to hurt everyone. Luka what he wants in slow motion. Jokic is a great of a passer as we’ve ever seen. Kawhi Leonard gets to his spots and is deadly from mid range. CP3 is 38 and short and is surgical in the pick and roll. Steph curry is an alien. Kevin Durant is an alien. Kyrie is a magician who doesn’t want to pass but I understand why. Bradley Beal has brakes on his shoes. SGA is basically unstoppable unless presti tells him to sit down. De’Aaron Fox has Olympic speed. Lebron at 38 is still fun to watch. Embiid has the ability to mimic guard moves. Devin Booker puts on a shot making show.

If you’re bored that’s on you. Maybe you’re aging out of basketball.
Ok bro 🙄. I Do sKiLl wOrK

What rule changes would yall like to see in the NBA. For me players should only get half their game check if they lose by more than 20 (the debacled rule). Players should be allowed to forego one(1) post game media session per week without penalty (westbrook rule)
Being serious, I would like to see them widen the court.

And just for **** and giggles, eliminate the corner three by extending the arch to the sidelines. Curious how offenses and defenses would react.

Remember when one of your favorite players Trae Young said something like “he wasn’t taking the regular season too seriously…”

You were sooooo upset. 😭

That’s when I knew you worked for the league in the prop department

I don’t understand the correlation. I mean he left off the gas and his team was a play in. And he personally didn’t take a step back but his team did. Can’t do that as a leader. But by all means cook sir

NBA is extremely FAR from perfect.

Things are not all peachy and perfect up there.

This is why they’re coming out with this UEFA League/NIT basketball tournament.

Move fans/media further away from the court. Doesn't really have anything to do with the game, but I've always thought the players needed a little more space. Spilled drinks, tripping over camera guys, fans getting in players faces, etc. Think that could get cleaned up.

I don’t understand the correlation. I mean he left off the gas and his team was a play in. And he personally didn’t take a step back but his team did. Can’t do that as a leader. But by all means cook sir

I know, and I agreed with you.

But it felt like you were more upset at Trae for “Making the League look bad”…

Because you cape so hard for the regular season. I could almost feel the disappointment. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom