2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
-1M a player is…not nothing. Incentivizing it in such a way is a step in the right direction.

- no matter how we feel about the nba regular season, it’s appeal to casual fans is in danger. Maybe not now, but 15 years from now? You can’t wait until the NBA goes code blue to try and change things. We’ll see how it goes, and it could go badly but working title games, elimination games, and championships and an extra M for players into the reg season does not sound all that bad to me.

- I kind of dig baseball now :lol: shoutout Justin Turner and one of the most exciting players in the world to watch, mookie betts. Been to about 10 games this year too.

98FB8BD1-800C-4793-AA72-F3BE64E2F156.jpeg
I was on the baseball-is-boring train for a long time.

One of my college roommates was on the UCSB baseball team and schooled me on some of the nuances/strategy that I didn’t appreciate before. And going to Dodger games has always been great. So, baseball has become my second favorite sport.

One of my college roommates was on the UCSB baseball team and schooled me on some of the nuances/strategy that I didn’t appreciate before. And going to Dodger games has always been great. So, baseball has become my second favorite sport.

Yeah it’s not my second favorite sport, (tbh I don’t have one. Football and baseball are essentially the same to me)

But I used to didn’t bother keeping up with it nor did I even pay attention to it. But fast forward to today, I can actually sit down and watch games and find some enjoyment out of it. At the very least it’s become A-grade background television for me, which is not nothing :lol: plus going to dodger stadium is a unique experience

Credit the wifey for making me pay more attention to the sport.

At times I feel like law and erupt are the same person

The contrast in their posts is legit 180 but in the most symmetrical way

NT>

It’s really sad street hockey never took off.

And what they did to the X games is criminal. Really missed out on some exciting sports :smh:

When I doubt.. Cite racism and you will be right 90%+ of the time. American football is the only major sport where they can still gatekeep and make a white dude the face/most important person at any given moment.

The term Black Quarterback is still viewed like it's a rainbow or something rare. Cooper Kupp is a white wide receiver that's even more rare than a black QB but yet...
Lamar Jackson is the prime example of this …Yo didn’t look/fit the part so ended up the last pick in the 1st round only cuz the Ravens traded up

QB play is still scouted/ analyzed/ and supposed to be played in a very specific prototype …Random white journeymen or game managers retire and become the voice of what NFL QB’s supposed to be and wasn’t even half as good as a Warren Moon :lol: :smh:

Football is by far the easiest sport to transition to, it’s not even close.

There is absolutely no need to put kids in the Pop Warner Pre-Concussion league.

Not doing it to my future, no way. And I probably wouldn’t let him play HS Football either, honestly.
I get the sentiment but this isn’t all the way true…It really depends on what position and where you at, cuz then youngins in Florida gotta play RB from age 4 just to make it an FSU it’s that serious there

I know I'm alone with this take but a lot of games are actually boring and not close to competitive. If the tourney minimizes some of these blowouts I'm all for it
Yea they said they not changing the number of games just trying to add more interest or make some of the games actually “worth” something…Ppl really sad bout a random heat/magic game the week before thanksgiving being a tourney game instead of regular half empty division joint ? :lol:

Change is hard for alotta folks even if they say different

What rule changes would yall like to see in the NBA. For me players should only get half their game check if they lose by more than 20 (the debacled rule). Players should be allowed to forego one(1) post game media session per week without penalty (westbrook rule)
Add a 4 pointer and no back to back timeouts by any team…if you can’t figure out what to do after that 1st timeout you don’t deserve more time

Yeah it’s not my second favorite sport, (tbh I don’t have one. Football and baseball are essentially the same to me)

But I used to didn’t bother keeping up with it nor did I even pay attention to it. But fast forward to today, I can actually sit down and watch games and find some enjoyment out of it. At the very least it’s become A-grade background television for me, which is not nothing :lol: plus going to dodger stadium is a unique experience

Credit the wifey for making me pay more attention to the sport.
Same here but it’s because the O’s started winning again :lol: …Now I got it on in the background and check the scores, hope they make the playoffs :pimp:

It’s a beautiful game man.

Numerous games within a game.

Mentally exhausting.

Honestly I think there is beauty in all sports. I’ll never dismiss a sport.

I should have played lacrosse when I had the chance but I was young and dumb and dismissed it because I made fun of it.

Winner gets home court advantage throughout the entire playoffs regardless of seed.

Would make it interesting then.

tay1 tay1 talking about all these rule changes the MLB should make….

Then finding out all his wishes were granted…

Some 4 years ago… :rofl:

No EXCUSES now tay :lol:
I never had excuses. Rule changes were announced today and it’s for the better

I simply didn’t know that the mound visit rule was changed. I don’t pay attention enough to have known. If these rules changes make the watch more interesting, I’ll follow along more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom