2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klay Thompson and Dame but no Paul George?

Paul George
Jimmy Butler
Joel Embiid

I was going to say, what has Dame achieved to be in the HOF? Jimmy made it to the Finals and beasted, PG made it further than Dame in his Pacer days, Joel already has a scoring title and multiple All NBA and All NBA defensive teams.

Dame only has two trophy's Rookie of the year and NBA bubble MVP :lol:

Last edited:
I was going to say, what has Dame achieved to be in the HOF? Jimmy made it to the Finals and beasted, PG made it further than Dame in his Pacer days.

I get the argument against Joel that he hasn't "won" anything yet, but that's the same argument against Dame and when it's all said and done, I'd bet that Joel will have a better career than Dame.

Yea Dame is for sure making the HOF but I think the confusion for some people comes with Dame being included in the NBA's top 75 but not being an active lock on this list, but Klay isnt in the NBA top 75, but is an active lock on this list lol

all in all these lists are dumb lol they just want the engagement....which always works

Dwight shouldve had Dame's spot on the Top 75...

Yea Dame is for sure making the HOF but I think the confusion for some people comes with Dame being included in the NBA's top 75 but not being an active lock on this list, but Klay isnt in the NBA top 75, but is an active lock on this list lol

all in all these lists are dumb lol they just want the engagement....which always works

Dwight shouldve had Dame's spot on the Top 75...

All solid points!

I was going to say, what has Dame achieved to be in the HOF? Jimmy made it to the Finals and beasted, PG made it further than Dame in his Pacer days.

I get the argument against Joel that he hasn't "won" anything yet, but that's the same argument against Dame and when it's all said and done, I'd bet that Joel will have a better career than Dame.
Feel like I always have to make the Dame argument in here :lol:

He’s top 100 all-time in both points and assists. 9th all-time in 3 pointers made. Top 20 currently for both regular season and playoff PPG.

6x All-NBA
5x Top 10 MVP shares

It’s easy as hell to put him as both a HOF lock and Top 75. Only knock on him is that he doesn’t have a championship like some of his contemporaries, but those that do have a ring are all like Top 25 players ever (or played alongside one). Nobody is saying he’s THAT.

I was going to say, what has Dame achieved to be in the HOF? Jimmy made it to the Finals and beasted, PG made it further than Dame in his Pacer days, Joel already has a scoring title and multiple All NBA and All NBA defensive teams.

Yeah I mean I wasn't saying it to say that none of those guys on the list shouldn't be Hall of Famers, they obviously are,

but some guys omissions are particularly just, weird :lol:

Like Paul George doesn't have a ring but he's made 7 Asgs, 6 all nba's, 3 conference finals, 4x all nba defense, how is that not a lock :lol: he doesn't have a chip or an MVP but he's just as accomplished if not more than Dame.

Jimmy Buter has a finals appearance, another ECF appearance, 6 all stars, 4 all nbas, how is that not a lock lol

How is Kyrie not a lock to make the hall of fame lol?

Feel like I always have to make the Dame argument in here :lol:

He’s top 100 all-time in both points and assists. 9th all-time in 3 pointers made. Top 20 currently for both regular season and playoff PPG.

6x All-NBA
5x Top 10 MVP shares

It’s easy as hell to put him as both a HOF lock and Top 75. Only knock on him is that he doesn’t have a championship like some of his contemporaries, but those that do have a ring are all like Top 25 players ever (or played alongside one). Nobody is saying he’s THAT.

Totally get that and I agree, the argument was having Dame as a lock but not the other mentioned players.

Yeah I mean I wasn't saying it to say that none of those guys on the list shouldn't be Hall of Famers, they obviously are,

but some guys omissions are particularly just, weird :lol:

Like Paul George doesn't have a ring but he's made 7 Asgs, 6 all nba's, 3 conference finals, 4x all nba defense, how is that not a lock :lol: he doesn't have a chip or an MVP but he's just as accomplished if not more than Dame.

Jimmy Buter has a finals appearance, another ECF appearance, 6 all stars, 4 all nbas, how is that not a lock lol

How is Kyrie not a lock to make the hall of fame lol?

Kyrie is a weird one to me, if not for playing with Bron and the shot on Curry, I don't know where to put him. On his own, he drove three franchises to the ground. But he's an excellent #2 option and a killer when he decides to play.

Kyrie is a weird one to me, if not for playing with Bron and the shot on Curry, I don't know where to put him. On his own, he drove three franchises to the ground. But he's an excellent #2 option and a killer when he decides to play.

Ehh, that's an easy one to me. The resume is the resume. I don't think we're talking about whether guys are first ballot or not, just whether they're locks to make it and if that's the case,

(going off top)

7x all star,
1 ring,
3x all nba
gold medal,

is so clearly a lock to make to make the hall.

It's partly due to my age, but even with Youtube and hardwood classics, I don't recall a single significant Tim Hardaway playoff moment bruh.

If you're even questionable, you should get in

Why does the dude on the right look like a Bizarro Kawhi?

He has an Olympic gold medal as well

Tim hardaway was that guy. My cousin used to love them heat teams. Dude was shooting 7 threes a game in the mid-early 90s :lol:

That NBA Live with him on the cover, are some great childhood memories. Remember him “jumping forward” on 3s.

69BC18AE-61A5-4ED4-A57A-8D6AFB783C9C.jpeg

The podcast explains things well and even though these names are valid they give criteria reasons for it but say they will “eventually make the list”
Any chance you could kind of summarize what they said for those guys?

Like Paul George is 6x All-NBA, 4x All-Defense, and has 2 Top 10 MVP finishes (One of which was 3rd). That's definitely better than a lot of dudes currently in the hall.

MJ forever #1 as a maniacal competitor.

Scary what HIS career would have looked like w/ today’s advances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom