2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

That’s a pretty major rule by the league. If that was the case, tons of players can’t be traded

Like you can’t trade kd for Brandon Ingram etc

props to JTA.. hella happy for the kid.

the lakers tho?? :rofl: :rofl: this like breaking up with your ex and watching them immediately rebound with the most desperate dude on the block

I’m sick b. Everyone knew I loved JTA. They let JTA go but kept BIL? Smh. Cold world.

Attachments

• 525BF4EE-95FA-4A5F-A248-986F16E42001.gif
    525BF4EE-95FA-4A5F-A248-986F16E42001.gif
    654.3 KB · Views: 83
  • F39B10F2-49F1-4206-9161-7ABC3AAF2552.gif
    F39B10F2-49F1-4206-9161-7ABC3AAF2552.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 111
Now that dust has settled. I do agree with notion that nets are in NO hurry

They SHOULD ask for booker in a suns trade. Why not? They have all the leverage.

My ask would be a star plus picks. Not no damn role plauers

This ain’t KD on an expiring. It’s KD on a 4 year deal with no option
exactly... I think this will play out for a while actually lol... the nets basically want the best player on the team they are trading with...this is different than the ben trade similar length of contract but talent is not equal... so of course nets will take their team and get the best offer possible...if I had to take a wild guess I'm a go with the wolves and the nets get anthony edwards

Or trade Russ for Hayward and rozier

Nah. I have been saying this for awhile but unless it’s for an all-star type player then you minus whale keep Russ. Mediocre players with years is absolutely not the move when you can clear $47M in cap space for next summer and make a big wave. If Kyrie really wants to go to LA then you DEFINITELY keep him unless Nets want to trade, which actually would behoove them at that point.

I would have to look at the standings at the deadline, have a handshake agreement in place with Kyrie and proceed accordingly.

Clauses in deals. Pay for play.

NBAPA going to tell them to keep the same energy when they trade guys or shut them down in the best interest of the team. What are they going to do when guys Jrue holiday for a possession to hit that number?

Just don’t know how you can police it.

That’s a pretty major rule by the league. If that was the case, tons of players can’t be traded

Like you can’t trade kd for Brandon Ingram etc

They technically could I guess.

The first is Brandon Ingram. While he did indeed sign a five-year extension with the New Orleans Pelicans in the 2020 offseason, he did so as a restricted free agent with Bird Rights. That did not invoke the Designated Rookie rule, so Ingram can be traded to the Nets.
I'm learning some of this as we go along

I’m sick b. Everyone knew I loved JTA. They let JTA go but kept BIL? Smh. Cold world.

i feel you fam. JTA’s Oakland neighborhood is about 10 blocks from where i grew up and i was hella juiced to see his glow up with the dubs. dude was out here leading protests in the summer of ‘20. was sad to hear they weren’t gonna re-sign him. but the reality is i think he has a better chance of getting burn and making an impact with the lakers than with the warriors. warriors’ depth and plans to develop the young core meant JTA probably wasn’t getting much PT even they brought him back.

cheers that man. always dope to see a cat who was grinding thru international hoop and the gleague get his payday and nba contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom