2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extend it! :lol:

8B7E4183-25D3-41FC-8B26-8E706FBDB2F1.jpeg
Have fun. Good luck. And a pro tip -

Changing diapers hungover is THE worst. In case you haven’t had that experience yet :lol:

A lot of those guys back in the day were skilled for their time but a lot of the other dudes were having full time jobs and coming to play basketball. It’s like that with every sport. I think the worst is baseball, half them dudes were coming in drunk to the stadium to play baseball and I’m supposed to believe they’re more talented than the ones today? Hell nah

The skills back then were good for back then but very few players have the athleticism that we see today

The professionalization of sports impacts the bottom way more than the top imo.
The greats would be great in any era.

Baseball is a great example of this actually.

Back in the day, a pitcher had to simply have a natural talent for throwing the baseball.
Nolan Ryan was a dude who just could throw 100 MPH.

but today, we have so refined pitching mechanics training nutrition,
that they can just about any reasonably athletic human to throw 95 MPH out of the bullpen. :lol:

Goaltending in hockey is another example

back in the day goalies were always the best athletes on a hockey team
why?
because there was no goalie coaches, there was no system to goaltending,
it was simply "stop the puck"

and only the most athletic and fearless people could do it with any kind of consistency. :lol:

now, we have butterfly style goal tending,
we systematized it to the point where even the worst goal tender is way way more effective than any goaltender pre 1990

if anything the fact that great players could be great without any outside help or system to guide them
speaks more to their natural talent.

I dislike when teams wear different color jerseys, home and away, especially when you're both a green team. If you're at home, wear white if you're on the road wear your colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom