2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't ever mention that dude with alltime greats. Real definition of a Fraud.

What’s worse is mogs had the nerve to say this dude was better than Kobe…

CD630C32-C486-438E-8278-46177389DDC9.jpeg

If Embiid wasn’t so focused on throwing his body around trying to draw a foul, Danny Green might have been able to play another year or 2 and be like 10 million dollars richer.

Sucks for Danny to go out like that. Leg got twisted like a pretzel smh

I hated him in SA, but you never want a guy to get hurt like that.

Jerry West doesn’t belong in the same conversation as Kareem.

Kareem was 7’2 with arguably the most unstoppable shot in NBA history he can play in todays NBA.

Jerry west would be a slow unathletic guard.

Y’all gotta stop putting Jerry West in the same conversation as folks like Wilt, Kareem and Russell. One of these are not like the others.
Washed King is on another level. even I can't reach that level of absurdity. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Don't get me wrong I think the modern carry rules are great.

Way more entertaining.

But don't use that to demean players who didn't have that luxury.

You had to keep your hand strictly palms down, and dribble straight up and straight down.

Anything that looked even slightly off was called a carry.

Human beings weren't fundamentally different back then.

We haven't evolved into a new species.

If you told Jerry West he was allowed to carry
He would have done that

and he would look a lot more "atheltic" :lol:

"this whole all the older legends couldn't make D1 rosters."

how far back do we go without totally discounting the talent of great players?

because overlapping players makes it problematic.

Do the 80's legends count?
no?

How come old, post HIV, ground bound slow Power forward Magic
was so effective in 95?

What about 70's legends? No?
How come Kareem was able win the finals MVP in the 88 as a 39 year old?

60's legends?
How did old Bill Russell in a league with Kareem win the 1969 finals?

you have to just measure guys in there era.
stop trying to discredit them.
maybe because they are the unathletic old school white guys? :rofl:

they keep on saying this generation of players are much better than the old because everyone can shoot the 3 ball. remember that horrendous game 3 or game 4 between the the Warriors and Memphis? just laughable. everyone just forgot their fundamentals. no one can even shoot the basketball even if it was so open. and that comparison between Rodman and Draymond, what a joke. :rofl:

maybe because they are the unathletic old school white guys? :rofl:

they keep on saying this generation of players are much better than the old because everyone can shoot the 3 ball. remember that horrendous game 3 or game 4 between the the Warriors and Memphis? just laughable. everyone just forgot their fundamentals. no one can even shoot the basketball even if it was so open. and that comparison between Rodman and Draymond, what a joke. :rofl:

No white guard in the history of the NBA pre-1980 is better than James Harden.

I said what I said.

Don't get me wrong I think the modern carry rules are great.

Way more entertaining.

But don't use that to demean players who didn't have that luxury.

You had to keep your hand strictly palms down, and dribble straight up and straight down.

Anything that looked even slightly off was called a carry.

Human beings weren't fundamentally different back then.

We haven't evolved into a new species.

If you told Jerry West he was allowed to carry
He would have done that

and he would look a lot more "atheltic" :lol:
You can still dribble with a little flavor without carrying. High school and college players still do it for some reason the NBA let's em get away with blatant carrying. Its not everyone but yes many do abuse it.

Agree with your overall argument tho. It's funny someone posted a bill sharman tape in here awhile ago trying to make fun of his bland game. What was ignored was how he was a bucket from damn near anywhere he caught the ball. Pure fundamentals and efficiency but because it's lacks sauce hes a scrub.

You can still dribble with a little flavor without carrying. High school and college players still do it for some reason the NBA let's em get away with blatant carrying. Its not everyone but yes many do abuse it.

Agree with your overall argument tho. It's funny someone posted a bill sharman tape in here awhile ago trying to make fun of his bland game. What was ignored was how he was a bucket from damn near anywhere he caught the ball. Pure fundamentals and efficiency but because it's lacks sauce hes a scrub.

sure but the thing is, what would even be the point?

there is no 3 point line, the lane is clogged with 45 people,
what is the purpose of fancy dribble moves under 1970's rules?

I don't think it's an accident that the fancy dribblers of their day, Cousy, Pistol Pete ect
weren't very effective and were widely overrated.

and guys like Oscar and West who worked to a spot with basic dribbles and shot mid range jump shots

were the best offensive players.

It would be guard period but I think Oscar is athletic enough to play in todays NBA and Magic clearly.

Well man I don't know what you're seeing,
other than the amount of melanin

I don't see some totally other worldy difference in athleticism between in Oscar and West.
Jerry West was a solid athlete, he'd be totally fine in any era imo.

A lot of those guys back in the day were skilled for their time but a lot of the other dudes were having full time jobs and coming to play basketball. It’s like that with every sport. I think the worst is baseball, half them dudes were coming in drunk to the stadium to play baseball and I’m supposed to believe they’re more talented than the ones today? Hell nah

The skills back then were good for back then but very few players have the athleticism that we see today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom