2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most players do have terrible ones

It’s mind blowing
5d850ed0f5f65a5a782d194da86e2314.jpg

“i got hit a little” :lol:

i give luka props for even trying to make a play on the ball. we’ve seen a lot of player run from these posters.

The ability to play 6'6 and 6'9 at the PF/C spots with Dray and Loon and still be a comfortable top 10 rebounding team is insanity.
I'll be first to admit that I was calling for the Warriors to get a big man for 2 season,s I knew Wiseman wouldn't be back. Looney has been a damn savior down low. Not to mention Curry, Porter, Wigs, and Klay sometimes getting boards too.

Aren't Jalen Brunson and Spencer Diwiddie a huge reason why the Mavs are playing right now?

Is Luka playing by himself when they win or only when they lose?

Where have I seen this narrative before...
Any insinuation right now that he's playing by himself is silly.

Their roster structure is why Golden State is kicking their teeth in. It's not because Brunson and Dinwiddie haven't given them secondary playmaking.

You can't play Maxi 30 minutes a night at center and ask him to also be your primary rim defender. You can't ask Reggie and DFS to play 40 minutes a night and expect them to both defend and shoot 3s at a high-level.

Aren't Jalen Brunson and Spencer Diwiddie a huge reason why the Mavs are playing right now?

Is Luka playing by himself when they win or only when they lose?

Where have I seen this narrative before...
For sure. Brunson and Spencer balling out to their respective talents

That and their regular season defensive success carried over into the first 2 rounds

They still overachieving though

I also 80% think this team is better than 2015. But it'll be 100% when they win in a couple weeks. Curry had Klay then, but nobody that could mirror a lot of what he does like Jordan. Or someone like Wiggy.

2015 team was amazing. But life and experience has hardened and battle tested this version. 2015 was like first avenger movie. This version is end game avengers. These grown *** men now.

They still overachieving though
I don't really vibe with this.

They're down a starter on the perimeter - and regardless of what you think of Tim, he's absolutely a playoff rotation guy on any team in basketball and his absence has stretched Dorian and Reggie far too thin.

You joke about their love for centers - but they still don't have one. They need one badly.

I don't think this is all that drastic of an overachieve given where the rest of the West is.

I don't really vibe with this.

They're down a starter on the perimeter - and regardless of what you think of Tim, he's absolutely a playoff rotation guy on any team in basketball and his absence has stretched Dorian and Reggie far too thin.

You joke about their love for centers - but they still don't have one. They need one badly.

I don't think this is all that drastic of an overachieve given where the rest of the West is.
Nah, they def outplayed their talent. They have a lot of one dimensional players and no great Playoff bigs

You're only proving my point... missing THJ and not having a Playoff big

Luka elevating this team beyond their expected outcome

Suns def should have beaten them, their talent gap was huge

ok..ill admit it…i drank the mavs kool aid after the suns game 7 and thought luka could will them into a competitive series…

put that together with gsw lulls vs memphis and i thought we had a series….

i drank the kool aid, and i was wrong…warriors looking like a well oiled machine and exploiting all the mavs weaknesses…i said it before but when they trap luka dallas whole offense breaks down…impressive stuff from kerr and co….

2015 Steph > 2022 Steph
2015 Dray, Klay, Iggy > 2022 versions

Idk about depth though. Might be a wash

But 2015 better to me as well I think
Steph is playing better D though so I'd say it's a wash.

Poole>Livingston
Wigs>Barnes

Edit:I would kill to get the old Dray and Iggy back.

Having Steph Curry and Dray near the peak of their powers, plus Klay not having a torn ACL/Achilles makes it pretty simple. I don’t really see how it’s particularly close. They went on to win 73 games the following year.

I understand you better. I’d still disagree. This version is experienced, hardened, and have seen every situation. They’ve lost and have learned from that. Plus, the role players are far more dynamic on several levels.

You have guys who can contribute consistently on both offense (Poole, Otto) and your defense guys who disrupt offenses (GP2, Kuminga, Iggy).

2015 Steph > 2022 Steph
2015 Dray, Klay, Iggy > 2022 versions

Idk about depth though. Might be a wash

But 2015 better to me as well I think
David Lee > Looney

Poole is better than any other bench guy the 2015 team throws out.

But Steph was playing legendary basketball during that stretch. People forgetting that he didn’t even crack 40% from 3 this year. He was superhuman in that era.

Nah, they def outplayed their talent. They have a lot of one dimensional players and no great Playoff bigs

You're only proving my point... missing THJ and not having a Playoff big

Luka elevating this team beyond their expected outcome

Suns def should have beaten them, their talent gap was huge
Eh - I thought after the KP trade this group was definitely a Round 1 winner and could sneak into a WCF if the matchups broke right.

I don't know that I expected them to beat Phoenix, but looking forward, there's not a lot of teams in the West that ultimately make me think we're about to Atlanta Hawks this thing and are playing way over our heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom