2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
gimme the 2015 warriors over this version…that version was truly inevitable every night…this version has moments of invincibility but it’s not sustained…

those 3rd quarters from the 2015 team were a thing of legend…not to mention league best D with 3 all nba level defenders (klay, iggy, dray)

Eh - I thought after the KP trade this group was definitely a Round 1 winner and could sneak into a WCF if the matchups broke right.

I don't know that I expected them to beat Phoenix, but looking forward, there's not a lot of teams in the West that ultimately make me think we're about to Atlanta Hawks this thing and are playing way over our heads.
Simply put, you put their rosters up against GSW, PHX and maybe even Memphis... and Dallas is clearly lacking punch for punch

Next year when Denver and LAC are healthy, it's gonna be even tougher

Well i hope the Finals end up being good but i doubt it. This Playoffs been a huge letdown
Idk....it's been great to me 😊

happy-eating.gif

gimme the 2015 warriors over this version…that version was truly inevitable every night…this version has moments of invincibility but it’s not sustained…

those 3rd quarters from the 2015 team were a thing of legend…not to mention league best D with 3 all nba level defenders (klay, iggy, dray)
That 3rd quarter brilliance was great and that was with Curry, Klay, and Dray resting alot of the time too. We had some solid vets at the time. We actually kinda lost that 3rd quarter rest when we brought in Durant. That lost of depth gutted me in some ways, not to mention Draymond probably decided he didn't need to score that often too.

I understand you better. I’d still disagree. This version is experienced, hardened, and have seen every situation. They’ve lost and have learned from that. Plus, the role players are far more dynamic on several levels.

You have guys who can contribute consistently on both offense (Poole, Otto) and your defense guys who disrupt offenses (GP2, Kuminga, Iggy).
Yea, I just don’t agree. Experienced and hardened doesn’t make them a better team. Winning without your star guys being in their primes is just harder in the NBA. Steph was much better by every metric. Iggy is hardly a guy who disrupts offenses at the end of his career. He was an elite role player in 2015. Speights, Barbosa and Livingston all gave great minutes too.

Even the path they went through was more difficult.

Simply put, you put their rosters up against GSW, PHX and maybe even Memphis... and Dallas is clearly lacking punch for punch

Golden State, yeah. Phoenix is going to continue to decline. I just don't think they're all that concerning if Chris Paul isn't borderline elite. Don't trust Sarver to pay to keep that group together, either.

Memphis and Denver, eh. The Clippers gonna have to prove they're healthy and Kawhi can stay on the floor.

I just don't feel like with Tim back and a tweak or two here and there we're all that far behind anyone that isn't Golden State. I don't expect us to just sit and be stagnant over the next 6-9 months between the offseason and the deadline.

Denver and Mempis will definitely be better next year, and Clippers IF* Kawhi wants to come back.

Golden State, yeah. Phoenix is going to continue to decline. I just don't think they're to be concerned about if Chris Paul isn't borderline elite.

Memphis and Denver, eh. The Clippers gonna have to prove they're healthy and Kawhi can stay on the floor.

I just don't feel like with Tim back and a tweak here or there we're all that far behind anyone that isn't Golden State.
I'm not confident in their current core at all long term, if this is the best they can roll out

They need to make tweaks but they're not necessarily easy or small tweaks imo

They are definitely in a better spot without KP though

Their 2nd and 3rd best players being Brunson and Spencer isn't all that great. I don't think that's some kind of breaking news

Tim will help for sure but I wonder if he'll be trade bait

A healthy west next year is pure chaos man
This why I wouldn't be celebrating like those fans in Dallas. You don't even know if you'll have an opportunity next season. You don't even know if you have a good enough roster seriously make noise period.

I'm not confident in their current core at all long term, if this is the best they can roll out

They need to make tweaks but they're not necessarily easy or small tweaks imo

They are definitely in a better spot without KP though

Their 2nd and 3rd best players being Brunson and Spencer isn't all that great. I don't think that's some kind of breaking news

Tim will help for sure but I wonder if he'll be trade bait
I still think Brunson is ultimately their path to a bigger wing to play next to Luka.

To be seen: This new leadership group has to draft better than Donnie's group did. They've gotta get a guy that can contribute in the next couple of years with that first rounder this year. Having Desmond Bane or Maxey in this guard rotation instead of Josh Green would have everyone feeling a lot better about where we're at.

This why I wouldn't be celebrating like those fans in Dallas. You don't even know if you'll have an opportunity next season. You don't even know if you have a good enough roster seriously make noise period.
Having a superstar under 25 and being in the WCF after beating 2 teams who were favored to beat you is plenty to celebrate :lol:. Policing their celebration is a little weird tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom