2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
20220603_100519.jpg
Lol all three look like they're trying to contain themselves

Game plan going forward is easy if I'm Steve Kerr.

Offensively, all GSW gotta do is find someone who can score inside the paint at will so thry can put constant pressure on Boston's defense to react.

Defensively, GSW has to be a lot more physical vs Boston's bigs and keep them away from the paint. They did a great job the first three quarters of neutralizing RWilliams and Horford but both exploded in the 4th. Timelord was not catching alley oops in the first three quarters like he was doing in the 4th.

Thr key to beating BOS is to take away Horford and Williams and be more physical than them, that's all it is. Can't be having Horford flexing his muscles like he was doing.

Celtics fans know that without heavy contributions from those two bigs, the Celtics are much much less effective in their schemes.

B Sox B Sox

You already know the key to beating the C's is to be more physical than them, you said it so yourself
I was mostly laughing at this-

"Offensively, all GSW gotta do is find someone who can score inside the paint at will so thry can put constant pressure on Boston's defense to react."

That player doesn't exist on the Golden State roster. It's the reason why they had to go get KD in the first place.

Golden State is softer than Milwaukee and Miami. Don't have the guys that can muck things up defensively like those teams.

Screenshot 2022-06-03 105356.png

NASTY 4th Quarter.

Like I said...steph isn't going to light you up ALL game. Man goes on runs when he can't miss. Stop everyone else from scoring, once he turns back normal it's wraps.

Game plan going forward is easy if I'm Steve Kerr.

Offensively, all GSW gotta do is find someone who can score inside the paint at will so thry can put constant pressure on Boston's defense to react.

Defensively, GSW has to be a lot more physical vs Boston's bigs and keep them away from the paint. They did a great job the first three quarters of neutralizing RWilliams and Horford but both exploded in the 4th. Timelord was not catching alley oops in the first three quarters like he was doing in the 4th.

Thr key to beating BOS is to take away Horford and Williams, that's all it is.

Celtics fans know that without heavy contributions from those two bigs, the Celtics are much much less effective in their schemes.
defensively, the Warriors were fine considering they have been helping boxing out TimeLord in the paint. offensively though is tough. the Warriors did try to score in the paint but I guess they were really intimidated by TimeLord and Horford. TimeLord was just swatting away shots. even Looney looked small there. other than Looney, there isn't really any other decent inside presence. the other person is the undersized Draymond who practically doesn't have an offensive game at all.

Celtics shot lights out in the 4th. But their defense was the real gem to watch. Certainly didn't expect Horford to lead the team in points, or White to score 20+ either.

Nothing much has changed for me. I have the Warriors winning Game 2 and then losing both games in Boston. Celtics in 6.

I was mostly laughing at this-

"Offensively, all GSW gotta do is find someone who can score inside the paint at will so thry can put constant pressure on Boston's defense to react."

That player doesn't exist on the Golden State roster. It's the reason why they had to go get KD in the first place.

Golden State is softer than Milwaukee and Miami. Don't have the guys that can muck things up defensively like those teams.
I can agree with that. Which is why I wrote all thry gotta do is "find someone" who can score inside at will.

That's for Kerr and staff to figure out. GSW has to constantly ATTACK THE RIM and not do some ol bs like this where you got clear open lanes to attack but instead you got 3 other guys twiddling they thumbs outside the three point line.

If Igoudala cuts atraight to the hoop here, Dray finds him and Iggy either gets an easy pull up 15 footer, a floater in the lane, or gets to the FT line
Screenshot_20220603-073218_Chrome.jpg

I still don't think that was a great defensive performance by the Celtics. They had the yips the first quarter.

Last night was about the best you were going to get from Iggy too. This isn't 2015. He's not that guy anymore.

defensively, the Warriors were fine considering they have been helping boxing out TimeLord in the paint. offensively though is tough. the Warriors did try to score in the paint but I guess they were really intimidated by TimeLord and Horford. TimeLord was just swatting away shots. even Looney looked small there. other than Looney, there isn't really any other decent inside presence. the other person is the undersized Draymond who practically doesn't have an offensive game at all.
Two words: JONATHAN KUMINGA

Thr young big better be ready and focused cause he should get more run as the series progresses. GSW gonna need all the BIGS he can throw out there

I can agree with that. Which is why I wrote all thry gotta do is "find someone" who can score inside at will.

That's for Kerr and staff to figure out. GSW has to constantly ATTACK THE RIM and not do some ol bs like this where you got clear open lanes to attack but instead you got 3 other guys twiddling they thumbs outside the three point line
Screenshot_20220603-073218_Chrome.jpg
This is a pet play of the Warriors. Dray kicks it to the top of the key, Dray then re-screens and Steph curls for a three.

I still don't think that was a great defensive performance by the Celtics. They had the yips the first quarter.

Last night was about the best you were going to get from Iggy too. This isn't 2015. He's not that guy anymore.

I agree.

But I'd also say, that was probably the best offensive performance you'll get out of the team, collectively. Horford and White had career nights. I don't know if they can do that again or consistently through a 7-game series.

I also don't know if Tatum stepping up, and Horford and White playing status quo give them an advantage either. The Celtics were fortunate they were playing on fire in the 4th. IDK if you can beat the Warriors in a high-scoring series.

Defense was piss poor at first but they sure stepped it up especially 4th quarter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom