2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two days make sense for the travel to Boston tbh

Should just go back to the Tuesday,Thursday & Sunday routine doe.

But I'm sure I'm missing a reason why they stopped it
I heard ESPN gave the NBA a lot of money to avoid conflicting with their soccer/UFC ratings

How long did you think of this before posting? Lol, no way that was first thing to come to your mind.
1654588552020.jpeg

So ive never been really too too familiar with salary cap rules and luxury taxes and all that, I know the basics but anyone care to share in a quick and simple way how it all works again?

The nba draft is so crazy.

Like imagine if the warriors got Evan Mobley instead of Wiseman. Them dudes would be the favorites for the next 5 titles lol.

Was listening to a pod about Wiseman, and his time in Memphis. It was really tough on him on a personal level. Outside of the NCAA investigations and all that…dude was apparently hella unhappy there. And would just stay in his room and was really hard on himself.

He got a rough road ahead. Wish the best for him. This team may not work for him tho.

So ive never been really too too familiar with salary cap rules and luxury taxes and all that, I know the basics but anyone care to share in a quick and simple way how it all works again?
Salary cap prevents large-market teams from just paying unlimited money to obtain the best talent whenever
If you don't have cap space, you basically only get to sign free agents to minimum contracts.
There are exceptions though. Like going over the cap to re-sign your own players if you have their bird rights.
This is where luxury tax comes in. Deeper you are in the luxury, more it's gonna cost you to keep top-level talent
Luxury is the real salary cap since most teams have no problem going over the actual salary cap

This is how well I understand it from managing teams on 2K :lol:
It's definitely more complicated in actuality but you did ask for quick and simple

Was listening to a pod about Wiseman, and his time in Memphis. It was really tough on him on a personal level. Outside of the NCAA investigations and all that…dude was apparently hella unhappy there. And would just stay in his room and was really hard on himself.

He got a rough road ahead. Wish the best for him. This team may not work for him tho.
IIRC, he came to Memphis for his last year in HS because he was playing soft in Nashville. Needed to toughen him up. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom