2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salary cap prevents large-market teams from just paying unlimited money to obtain the best talent whenever
If you don't have cap space, you basically only get to sign free agents to minimum contracts.
There are exceptions though. Like going over the cap to re-sign your own players if you have their bird rights.
This is where luxury tax comes in. Deeper you are in the luxury, more it's gonna cost you to keep top-level talent
Luxury is the real salary cap since most teams have no problem going over the actual salary cap

This is how well I understand it from managing teams on 2K :lol:
It's definitely more complicated in actuality but you did ask for quick and simple

So basically if you happen to develop a team where theoretically say the entire starting 5 are all stars, you can pay (overpay) for all of them to stay on your team? And thats where the lux tax comes in? And you cant just sign 5 all stars from different teams basically cause of the cap.

Reminding me the constant disrespect when all the talk is Poole, Steph, Klank and BGA. Seen the segment with SAS, JJ and CJ and not one mention of Wiggs. More important than Poole on the real. You can win without Poole going off, be harder to win without Wiggs defense, rebounding and intangibles.

the national media is nasty. wiggs arguably could’ve been the WCF mvp for his two-way play that series but we know defenders don’t get love like that. i doubt espn will have a 30 second segment on how he’s guarding tatum/luka and fighting thru screens

local media and warriors podcasts are giving him his proper due, though. tbh, i think we’re all surprised with playoff wiggs

So basically if you happen to develop a team where theoretically say the entire starting 5 are all stars, you can pay (overpay) for all of them to stay on your team? And thats where the lux tax comes in? And you cant just sign 5 all stars from different teams basically cause of the cap.
Yeah you can keep all 5 of them as long as you can afford to pay them and the luxury
But you're not signing anyone else in free agency for more than the minimum

And luxury can become really punishing since the deeper you go AND the longer you pay it, the more it costs. So if you're $20 million into the luxury and it's your 4th year in a row paying it, it might not be worth it if you're not winning championships and bringing in lots of revenue

luxury.png

Reminding me the constant disrespect when all the talk is Poole, Steph, Klank and BGA. Seen the segment with SAS, JJ and CJ and not one mention of Wiggs. More important than Poole on the real. You can win without Poole going off, be harder to win without Wiggs defense, rebounding and intangibles.

It's colorism.

My favorite Warriors signing since their run started was Nick Young.

Believe the reporting surrounding that signing was Bob Myers let KD and Draymond choose who they wanted the Warriors to sign with the MLE and they settled on Swaggy P. Then Swaggy P came into the season out of shape and into the doghouse he went. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom